No username? Register here.
Old 21-09-2017, 10:17 AM
Z Club member
Third gear

Member 959
Is there a list anywhere of which motors are correct for this? I assume there are a number of Honda models that use the same design?

Searching google just gives US market options which dont translate well to UK market Hondas.
Old 21-09-2017, 10:41 AM
Membership Secretary
Sixth gear

Member 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell View Post
Is there a list anywhere of which motors are correct for this? I assume there are a number of Honda models that use the same design?

Searching google just gives US market options which dont translate well to UK market Hondas.
The one I saw used on US sites and the one I bought from Nigel Brook was designated WM-7228-2S. They appear to have been fitted to a few 1990's small Hondas.

The 2S will refer to the fact that it's two-speed no doubt.

I bought a second off ebay as a spare but I'll fit that to my Samuri I think. There are no ebay finds in the UK today (just looked). Be cautious of corroded ones i.e. those that look like they have been in a scrap yard for years and subjected to the elements. On my spare motor one of the 3 mounting bolts was 'stuck' and it sheared off so I had to drill that out!

This is one located in Germany. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scheibenwi...IAAOSwPcVVwj5D

So for anyone wanting to do this mod source a good clean motor and I'll take you through it from there. There is info. on US sites and that's where I got the idea from - whilst looking at other wiper issues. However they didn't cover the parking position problem I had - I'll be interested to see if anyone else has the same issue (think they will). This is fairly straightforward and of course it's good to know it has been done and works before you start. However it will take a bit of work and thought.

Pic of mine 'mounted'.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5467.JPG (544.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5469.JPG (622.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5466.JPG (536.3 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Rob Gaskin; 21-09-2017 at 10:48 AM..