Go Back   ZClub.net > Trade > Classifieds > Parts and Other Items for Sale
Click here to advertise with the ZClub

Old 15-12-2016, 08:42 PM
Z Club member
Sixth gear

Member 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
Maybe it's time I take that UK holiday...
Judging by some Z's advertised prices - come over and export to Oz mate !

Sean Dézart
(33) 6 14 95 42 17
seanz@wanadoo.fr

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zstor...6789934?ref=hl

Club Datsun-France www.datsun-france.com

I Love Zs.
Old 15-12-2016, 09:31 PM
Z Club member
Sixth gear

Member 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanDezart View Post
Oh rollocks, stop bleating about your precious (or not so today) £ - there are still people today buying Rebello and Datsun Sprit engines into the UK. People just haven't looked into shipping from OZ and/or considering Les' engines.

Most 'looking for engine builder' questions on here revolve only around someone within the UK ! Why ? Fly the flag or because it's perceived to be cheaper ? You get what you pay for chaps.
I don't really follow Sean?

Who's bleating?
Old 15-12-2016, 10:01 PM
Z Club member
Sixth gear

Member 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by franky View Post
We do, you have to think that due to exchange rates its about 20% more than a year ago.
.......§

So, buy British, buy cheap.

Sean Dézart
(33) 6 14 95 42 17
seanz@wanadoo.fr

I Love Zs.
Old 15-12-2016, 10:10 PM
Z Club member
Sixth gear

Member 770
Quote:
.......§

So, buy British, buy cheap.
The point being, 'racer' was interested, however I guess total costs were prohibitive, 20% off that...
Old 15-12-2016, 10:11 PM
Z Club member
Sixth gear

Member 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by franky View Post
The point being, 'racer' was interested, however I guess total costs were prohibitive, 20% off that...
I don't think he was 'that' interested.

Sean Dézart
(33) 6 14 95 42 17
seanz@wanadoo.fr

I Love Zs.
Old 15-12-2016, 10:33 PM
Z Club member
Fourth gear

Member 219
Quote:
I disagree with you mate (and have already stated that they're UK people buying decent engines, shipping and customs).
They're others who are buying turn-key cars and MZR are one of those selling quality cars at realistic prices....emphasis on the 'selling' and not like those optimistic Ebay prices.

Those 'others' want top quality, ready to go cars but you won't see those 'others' on here......and especially not with pessimistic comments like "the stigma still exists" !
If it does, it's only here because I hear of Porsche owners and importers/sellers switching to Datsun 240Zs as the next hot potatoe.
I accept that some people are buying good engines, but the numbers are comparatively small. There is also some big money in the historic rally seen that might switch to a 240. A because it's a good car and, because they can have one for 100K instead of say 200K for a porche.

I say the stigma still exists because of the evidence. Look at Time attack for instance,
it's awash with big money Evo's and Subaru's and only one lonely Datsun.
Have a look on other Forums, M3 Cutters, GTR Register etc. There are people spending a fortune on there cars, but only because it has what they consider to be a prestigious name.
Your are right when you say it's this country though, there is a lot of ignorance here.
Old 15-12-2016, 10:36 PM
Z Club member
Sixth gear

Member 770
Its a good job that the French aren't in anyway ignorant
Old 15-12-2016, 10:37 PM
Z Club member
Sixth gear

Member 770
Just because they've all that lovely space and the willing to look after their own.
Old 15-12-2016, 10:44 PM
Z Club member
Sixth gear

Member 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer View Post
I accept that some people are buying good engines, but the numbers are comparatively small. There is also some big money in the historic rally seen that might switch to a 240. A because it's a good car and, because they can have one for 100K instead of say 200K for a porche.

I say the stigma still exists because of the evidence. Look at Time attack for instance,
it's awash with big money Evo's and Subaru's and only one lonely Datsun.
Have a look on other Forums, M3 Cutters, GTR Register etc. There are people spending a fortune on there cars, but only because it has what they consider to be a prestigious name.
Your are right when you say it's this country though, there is a lot of ignorance here.
Step away from competition Matt and there are people very willing to pay very decent money for road Zs.

Err, the French are too good at looking after certain people that are less then desirable, in fact they encourage those people to abuse the system.....and the French are not the best at looking over the fence to see if the latest state project worked (or not) elsewhere before implementing it and finding out the hard way.

Sean Dézart
(33) 6 14 95 42 17
seanz@wanadoo.fr

I Love Zs.
Old 15-12-2016, 10:49 PM
Z Club member
Sixth gear

Member 776
Quote:
Oh rollocks, stop bleating about your precious (or not so today) £ - there are still people today buying Rebello and Datsun Sprit engines into the UK. People just haven't looked into shipping from OZ and/or considering Les' engines.

Most 'looking for engine builder' questions on here revolve only around someone within the UK ! Why ? Fly the flag or because it's perceived to be cheaper ? You get what you pay for chaps.
OK, agree maybe Les Collins isnt as well known but for those in the know he is and respected... Rebello/Datsun Spirit have been around for ages and there is more information out there... Sean not everyone is like the royal "US", who spends lots of time researching, it's stands to reason that maybe Les Collins isnt as well known so maybe not as many people getting excited..

Anyway, enough of your under the surface Brexit jibes

What's the point at taking jibes becuase someone over here never purchased it, I note it wasnt purchased by a Frenchman either..

George aka Mr.G

S.E.K.Z Group / ZClub Member #: 776 / 1973 240Z L28ET(T)

"Once you get inside a Z, a Z will get inside of you", Mike "8.46sec" Feeney
Old 15-12-2016, 11:03 PM
Z Club member
Sixth gear

Member 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
OK, agree maybe Les Collins isnt as well known but for those in the know he is and respected... Rebello/Datsun Spirit have been around for ages and there is more information out there... Sean not everyone is like the royal "US", who spends lots of time researching, it's stands to reason that maybe Les Collins isnt as well known so maybe not as many people getting excited..

What's the point at taking jibes becuase someone over here never purchased it, I note it wasnt purchased by a Frenchman either..

Datsun Spririt don't quote power figures.

Surely people are curious to learn more of Les C. ?

Sorry that they were taken as under the surface - I thought I was far less discreet than that

I'm not taking jibs - I'm just supporting the argument that it's NOT because people in the UK don't value their Zs highly enough when a lot of evidence points to the contrary. However, it is rather obvious that people on THIS forum don't value Zs highly engough and not just because nobody here bought this engine.

The engine wasn't advertised in France or in French - sum of uz don wanna speek yor rrrotten languidge !

Sean Dézart
(33) 6 14 95 42 17
seanz@wanadoo.fr

I Love Zs.
Old 15-12-2016, 11:22 PM
Website member
Fifth gear

The short engine in question is hardly an accurate litmus test of the UK/European market, is it?

The shipping cost (with 20% VAT whacked on the total of that and the 13k AUSD cost - if you're honest and legal) is one thing, but so is the fact that said short engine is (no offence Lurch) somebody else's unfinished project. There's still a lot that needs to be decided, parts sourced, machined and set up. That's going to cost. But how much...?

Such a particular bottom end would require an equally high-specced head and induction system, so it would be interesting to hear a quote on what that (P90) might cost. Any comment Lurch?

And when it's done, what have you got? A great engine for sure, but for what? It's a road engine that could be turned into a race engine, but at 3.3 litres it's not legal for anything much in the 'historic' categories and that's a fairly big slice of the potential market in the UK for hi-po L-gata engines. So it's kind of between two markets really; A bit too many what-ifs for the people who want a plug-in power unit that doesn't cost more than their car, and it's not the full bespoke engine that the people who can afford such builds seem to want.

So, nice short engine, but a 12k sea miles/50 day away one-off and hardly something that's going to tell us which way the wind is blowing in *the market* over here. It makes much more sense for a local (Aus) buyer who can work with the builder to finish it off, and doesn't need to ship it half way across the world.
Old 15-12-2016, 11:31 PM
Z Club member
Sixth gear

Member 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albrecht View Post
The short engine in question is hardly an accurate litmus test of the UK/European market, is it?

A bit too many what-ifs for the people who want a plug-in power unit that doesn't cost more than their car, and it's not the full bespoke engine that the people who can afford such builds seem to want.
And perhaps why those, who want 'plug-in' top power go for turbo swaps here...just as in the States, it was always (and still is - LS) V8 swaps.

So, if we exclude the engine recently up for sale and go back to my point being that there ARE people in the UK willing (and have done) spend big money on their 240Zs and I'm not talking competition car nor Samuris......do you agree or not ? "Don't wait for the translation, answer 'yes' or 'no'!

Becasue it seems that some here under-value 'our' cars and assume or generalise that that is the mood throughout and applying to everyone, quoting 'ignorance' whereas there are a lot of switched on people turning towards Zs and putting their money where their discretionary mouths are !

Sean Dézart
(33) 6 14 95 42 17
seanz@wanadoo.fr

I Love Zs.
Old 15-12-2016, 11:33 PM
Website member
Fifth gear

Quote:
I'm not taking jibs - I'm just supporting the argument that it's NOT because people in the UK don't value their Zs highly enough when a lot of evidence points to the contrary. However, it is rather obvious that people on THIS forum don't value Zs highly engough and not just because nobody here bought this engine.
Sean,
Apropos "the value of Zs":

Within the last 24 hours an NOS 432-specific Nissan S20 engine block (yes a bare, unstamped replacement block) sold on Yahoo Japan auctions for 3,151,000 JPY. At today's exchange rate that's roughly 21.5k GBP....

Is that a good thing for *values*, or a bad thing...?

http://page15.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/t496375710
Old 15-12-2016, 11:34 PM
Website member
First gear

It always irks me when people refer to Rebello as the 'standard' for performance L series builds, as people always accept claims as gospel without bothering to understand what they are ACTUALLY looking at.

Les has a couple of sayings:
1. "People don't move outside their 'clan/tribe' ", to entertain other options.
2. "It's all about impression ratio": what looks 'shiny' & is advertised as being the 'ducks guts' trumps something that has had the time & engineering expertise lavished upon it to create a superior product.

And actually Les is very well known in Europe - he has a few customers in Denmark, Holland & Norway.

In the USA there is Greg Scott & the Green Hornet, as well as another customer in Cali that has ordered a full 3.4ltr engine & driveline package.
The majority of Yanks are notorious for being ignorant & only dealing with themselves, so to sell TWO packages into the US is downright staggering...

Les has also sold engine packages to people in Africa for Safari Rally Datsun's, cylinder head packages to Costa Rican drag racers, enthusiasts in SE Asia also have some of his packages & he's just signed a contract with a Malaysian based shop to supply them with bespoke L4 & L6 drivetrain packages...

It just seams the UK hasn't discovered him yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post