No username? Register here.
Go Back   ZClub.net > Trade > Classifieds > Parts and Other Items for Sale
MJP AUTO

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 13-12-2016, 10:10 PM
SeanDezart's Avatar
SeanDezart SeanDezart is offline
Z Club member
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: At home
Posts: 18,389
Member 559
Call me Trump-ette now please - have some respect !
__________________
A new Datsun era !

Sean Dézart
(33) 6 14 95 42 17
seanz@wanadoo.fr

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zstor...6789934?ref=hl

Club Datsun-France www.datsun-france.com

I Love Zs.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 15-12-2016, 03:06 AM
Lurch Lurch is offline
Website member
First gear
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer View Post
I would have loved it Sean, but with the poor exchange rate, shipping, duty etc it made it very expensive.
Apart from yourself Matt, I had another UK member interested in buying it.

I was willing to help as much I could with the sale receipt & finding the best price for freight, however it's apparently still an expensive process for a UK buyer even with the exchange rate the way it is ATM.

Maybe us 'Colonists' put a bit more value on engines of this quality...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 15-12-2016, 09:15 AM
Moriarty Moriarty is online now
Website member
Second gear
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: A Waterfall
Posts: 93
Sadly Lurch, a fair percentage of UK S30 owners would consider even a £3K engine excessive, some of this is due to the small amount of S30's sold into the UK, some of this the lingering perception of early(ish) Japanese cars....some of it the rather "cheap" nature of the owner demographic

Really nice engine BTW
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 15-12-2016, 01:33 PM
franky franky is offline
Z Club member
Fifth gear
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sunny southwest
Posts: 2,968
Member 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
Apart from yourself Matt, I had another UK member interested in buying it.

I was willing to help as much I could with the sale receipt & finding the best price for freight, however it's apparently still an expensive process for a UK buyer even with the exchange rate the way it is ATM.

Maybe us 'Colonists' put a bit more value on engines of this quality...
We do, you have to think that due to exchange rates its about 20% more than a year ago.

If you suddenly put your prices up in OZ by 20% would it affect things?

Thats the way to look at it.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 15-12-2016, 01:42 PM
Mr.G's Avatar
Mr.G Mr.G is offline
Z Club member
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: London
Posts: 3,203
Member 776
Agree Franky.

If the exchange rate wasn't such a killer you would have seen a few more UK buyers making serious enquiries. There are many of us over here that appreciate engines like this, it's just come at a very bad time for many of us due to the weak pound.
__________________
RegardZ,

George aka Mr.G

S.E.K.Z Group / ZClub Member #: 776 / 1973 240Z L28ET(T)

"Once you get inside a Z, a Z will get inside of you", Mike "8.46sec" Feeney
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 15-12-2016, 02:32 PM
SeanDezart's Avatar
SeanDezart SeanDezart is offline
Z Club member
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: At home
Posts: 18,389
Member 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
Agree Franky.

If the exchange rate wasn't such a killer you would have seen a few more UK buyers making serious enquiries. There are many of us over here that appreciate engines like this, it's just come at a very bad time for many of us due to the weak pound.
Oh rollocks, stop bleating about your precious (or not so today) £ - there are still people today buying Rebello and Datsun Sprit engines into the UK. People just haven't looked into shipping from OZ and/or considering Les' engines.

Most 'looking for engine builder' questions on here revolve only around someone within the UK ! Why ? Fly the flag or because it's perceived to be cheaper ? You get what you pay for chaps.
__________________
A new Datsun era !

Sean Dézart
(33) 6 14 95 42 17
seanz@wanadoo.fr

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zstor...6789934?ref=hl

Club Datsun-France www.datsun-france.com

I Love Zs.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 15-12-2016, 04:21 PM
jonbills's Avatar
jonbills jonbills is offline
Z Club member
Fifth gear
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: M6
Posts: 2,169
Member 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanDezart View Post
Oh rollocks, stop bleating about your precious (or not so today) £ - there are still people today buying Rebello and Datsun Sprit engines into the UK. People just haven't looked into shipping from OZ and/or considering Les' engines.

Most 'looking for engine builder' questions on here revolve only around someone within the UK ! Why ? Fly the flag or because it's perceived to be cheaper ? You get what you pay for chaps.
I don't think it's either of those Sean, if that is the thrust of the questions on here, it'll be because buyers by default want their suppliers to 'talk their language' in every sense (legal system, cultural norms, language etc) and to be recommended by someone they know and trust.
__________________
1974 260z
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 15-12-2016, 04:34 PM
SeanDezart's Avatar
SeanDezart SeanDezart is offline
Z Club member
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: At home
Posts: 18,389
Member 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbills View Post
..... it'll be because buyers by default want their suppliers to 'talk their language' in every sense (legal system, cultural norms, language etc) and to be recommended by someone they know and trust.
So who is that in the UK please ?
__________________
A new Datsun era !

Sean Dézart
(33) 6 14 95 42 17
seanz@wanadoo.fr

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zstor...6789934?ref=hl

Club Datsun-France www.datsun-france.com

I Love Zs.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 15-12-2016, 04:51 PM
jonbills's Avatar
jonbills jonbills is offline
Z Club member
Fifth gear
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: M6
Posts: 2,169
Member 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanDezart View Post
So who is that in the UK please ?
who is a specialist trusted L Series engine builder in the UK? I'm not aware of one, but there are of course many UK based engineering shops that do bespoke engine builds for customers. There are no unique laws of nature that apply to L engines and not Ford engines.
As I've said elsewhere if you want a fixed price good performance L engine, Rebello is probably the place to go. Datsun spirit & Les Collins are similar options.
__________________
1974 260z
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 15-12-2016, 05:00 PM
Moriarty Moriarty is online now
Website member
Second gear
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: A Waterfall
Posts: 93
And please don't compare that Lurch/Les Collins engine to anything available in the UK....its in a different league
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 15-12-2016, 05:41 PM
racer racer is offline
Z Club member
Fourth gear
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Essex
Posts: 1,328
Member 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
Apart from yourself Matt, I had another UK member interested in buying it.

I was willing to help as much I could with the sale receipt & finding the best price for freight, however it's apparently still an expensive process for a UK buyer even with the exchange rate the way it is ATM.

Maybe us 'Colonists' put a bit more value on engines of this quality...
I never doubted the quality of the motor for a moment Bud.

It's a shame that many people with that sort of disposable income in this country
still would not spend it on a Datsun, the stigma still exists.
They would spend it on say a classic porche witch they consider to have more codas.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 15-12-2016, 06:48 PM
datsfun datsfun is online now
Website member
Fifth gear
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer View Post

It's a shame that many people with that sort of disposable income in this country
still would not spend it on a Datsun, the stigma still exists.
They would spend it on say

a classic porche witch they consider to have more codas.
Bang on the money Sir
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 15-12-2016, 07:52 PM
samuri-240 samuri-240 is offline
Website member
Fifth gear
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Shropshire.
Posts: 2,053
Wonder if some folk within the UK would put more value on a Genuine Samuri engine ?

Anyway what a fabulous engine & what a bargain for what it is.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 15-12-2016, 07:56 PM
SeanDezart's Avatar
SeanDezart SeanDezart is offline
Z Club member
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: At home
Posts: 18,389
Member 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer View Post
It's a shame that many people with that sort of disposable income in this country still would not spend it on a Datsun, the stigma still exists.
They would spend it on say a classic porche witch they consider to have more codas.
I disagree with you mate (and have already stated that they're UK people buying decent engines, shipping and customs).
They're others who are buying turn-key cars and MZR are one of those selling quality cars at realistic prices....emphasis on the 'selling' and not like those optimistic Ebay prices.

Those 'others' want top quality, ready to go cars but you won't see those 'others' on here......and especially not with pessimistic comments like "the stigma still exists" !
If it does, it's only here because I hear of Porsche owners and importers/sellers switching to Datsun 240Zs as the next hot potatoe.
__________________
A new Datsun era !

Sean Dézart
(33) 6 14 95 42 17
seanz@wanadoo.fr

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Zstor...6789934?ref=hl

Club Datsun-France www.datsun-france.com

I Love Zs.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 15-12-2016, 08:39 PM
Lurch Lurch is offline
Website member
First gear
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer View Post
I never doubted the quality of the motor for a moment Bud.

It's a shame that many people with that sort of disposable income in this country
still would not spend it on a Datsun, the stigma still exists.
They would spend it on say a classic porche witch they consider to have more codas.
I know you didn't Matt - and I wasn't applying a negative tone.
I was just stating general facts & trying to understand the situation in the UK.

The general consensus I get is that the exchange rate is the issue (you silly fools shouldn't have voted for Brexit! ), so hopefully the economy stabilizes in the future.
Maybe it's time I take that UK holiday...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:13 PM.

The Future Is Bright... The Future Is ZClub!

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © ZClub.net, All Rights Reserved.