No username? Register here.
Go Back   ZClub.net > Trade > Classifieds > Parts and Other Items Wanted
Click here to advertise with the ZClub

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 08-01-2018, 12:00 PM
bluejon's Avatar
bluejon bluejon is offline
Z Club member
Third gear
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: S.Oxfordshire
Posts: 218
Member 1038
Rob, I have a pair of mounts/lights which were attached when I acquired the car. I removed them preferring the clean look. They were undermounted to the bumper so not a spot light as such, more a driving/fog light style I think.
XJI7889_front.jpg
__________________
'71 240z L28 stroker on triples
  #17  
Old 08-01-2018, 04:40 PM
Rob Gaskin's Avatar
Rob Gaskin Rob Gaskin is offline
Membership Secretary
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hinckley
Posts: 10,707
Member 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejon View Post
Rob, I have a pair of mounts/lights which were attached when I acquired the car. I removed them preferring the clean look. They were undermounted to the bumper so not a spot light as such, more a driving/fog light style I think.
Attachment 22580
Hi blue Jon, thank you for the info.

So those two lamps are mounted via clamps onto the bumper are they?

I agree that the 'clean' uncluttered look is best however if you want lamps cluttering can't be avoided. Escorts look better with lamps Zs don't IMO. Also the front opening bonnet causes location issues.

I'm trying to make my car fit for HERO events and to be able to sell it as such when the time comes. However I'm not going to make irreversible changes.
__________________
240Z '71 Built and Modified by DJR
260Z Super Samuri
  #18  
Old 08-01-2018, 09:22 PM
yellowz's Avatar
yellowz yellowz is offline
Z Club member
Second gear
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Swindon
Posts: 152
Member 1061
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmac View Post
What I have described is for sale.
the picture is for reference as in "here's one I made earlier" and shows you what the finished item looks like.
Pete

Is this still for sale?
  #19  
Old 08-01-2018, 09:26 PM
franky franky is offline
Z Club member
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: usually work
Posts: 3,395
Member 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albrecht View Post
Oh and...


Alan can you share the spec/history of this car? It looks amazing, nice to see one in a different configuration. It looks very very well specced
  #20  
Old 08-01-2018, 09:32 PM
pmac pmac is offline
Z Club member
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: In a house.
Posts: 4,008
Member 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowz View Post
Pete

Is this still for sale?
???? The car?? or the lamp bracket??
  #21  
Old 08-01-2018, 09:39 PM
yellowz's Avatar
yellowz yellowz is offline
Z Club member
Second gear
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Swindon
Posts: 152
Member 1061
I might able to afford the lamp bracket - no way the car!
  #22  
Old 08-01-2018, 10:17 PM
pmac pmac is offline
Z Club member
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: In a house.
Posts: 4,008
Member 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowz View Post
I might able to afford the lamp bracket - no way the car!
LOL!!
Well this is Robs "wanted" thread so I have offered it to him and sent him some pics/info.
If he decides its not for him then then you are next in line

Last edited by pmac; 08-01-2018 at 10:24 PM..
  #23  
Old 08-01-2018, 10:18 PM
bluejon's Avatar
bluejon bluejon is offline
Z Club member
Third gear
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: S.Oxfordshire
Posts: 218
Member 1038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Gaskin View Post
Hi blue Jon, thank you for the info.



So those two lamps are mounted via clamps onto the bumper are they?



I agree that the 'clean' uncluttered look is best however if you want lamps cluttering can't be avoided. Escorts look better with lamps Zs don't IMO. Also the front opening bonnet causes location issues.



I'm trying to make my car fit for HERO events and to be able to sell it as such when the time comes. However I'm not going to make irreversible changes.
As I recall Rob they have a simple bolt through to clamp to the bumper bracket, but I can check.
__________________
'71 240z L28 stroker on triples
  #24  
Old 08-01-2018, 11:24 PM
Albrecht Albrecht is offline
Website member
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Up a ladder...
Posts: 3,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by franky View Post
Alan can you share the spec/history of this car? It looks amazing, nice to see one in a different configuration. It looks very very well specced
It's actually one of the NMC USA 'Vintage Z Program' cars (the repurchased, restored and then re-sold cars), now belonging to a fellow Club S30 Japan member who imported it from the USA (and had it repainted as he didn't think it was good enough....).

It's virtually stock apart from some easily-reversed resto-modding, including the Compe steering wheel, Monte drop bumper and spots/fogs, door mirrors, headlamp covers and replica works rally wheels.

I've seen it a couple of times in the metal in Japan and it's really, really nice.

Magazine feature:



  #25  
Old 08-01-2018, 11:29 PM
franky franky is offline
Z Club member
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: usually work
Posts: 3,395
Member 770
Its a great orange. looks very correct in colour? Whats it like in the flesh? I do really like the dropped bumper on it.
  #26  
Old 08-01-2018, 11:41 PM
Albrecht Albrecht is offline
Website member
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Up a ladder...
Posts: 3,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by franky View Post
Its a great orange. looks very correct in colour? Whats it like in the flesh? I do really like the dropped bumper on it.
Looked correct 918 Grand Prix Orange shade in the metal to me. Good light in Japan probably helped, and it's difficult to photograph/reproduce accurately.

As I said, lovely car. Had very good 'presence' in a group of other S30s. My cup of tea. Yours too I think. Just add some mechanical mods, some more sporty seats and it would do me just fine. Maybe a set of musical air horns like some of the works cars too...
  #27  
Old 08-01-2018, 11:54 PM
franky franky is offline
Z Club member
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: usually work
Posts: 3,395
Member 770
nice to see another dull orange.

Yes, my taste, very much so. Needs a set of central 20's. I might need some spot lights. Do not need musical horns!
  #28  
Old 10-01-2018, 07:51 PM
Rob Gaskin's Avatar
Rob Gaskin Rob Gaskin is offline
Membership Secretary
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Hinckley
Posts: 10,707
Member 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowz View Post
Pete

Is this still for sale?
No sorry.

I'm all sorted now folks after a fruitful trip up the M1.
__________________
240Z '71 Built and Modified by DJR
260Z Super Samuri
  #29  
Old 11-01-2018, 12:24 AM
Woody928's Avatar
Woody928 Woody928 is offline
Z Club member
Third gear
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Surrey
Posts: 465
Member 1093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albrecht View Post
It's actually one of the NMC USA 'Vintage Z Program' cars (the repurchased, restored and then re-sold cars), now belonging to a fellow Club S30 Japan member who imported it from the USA (and had it repainted as he didn't think it was good enough....).

It's virtually stock apart from some easily-reversed resto-modding, including the Compe steering wheel, Monte drop bumper and spots/fogs, door mirrors, headlamp covers and replica works rally wheels.

I've seen it a couple of times in the metal in Japan and it's really, really nice.

Magazine feature:



Random question for you Alan but do you know what door mirrors are fitted to that car? It looks really stunning, my kind of Z
__________________
1971 Datsun 240z - L26 - 918 Orange
  #30  
Old 11-01-2018, 01:20 AM
Albrecht Albrecht is offline
Website member
Sixth gear
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Up a ladder...
Posts: 3,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody928 View Post
Random question for you Alan but do you know what door mirrors are fitted to that car? It looks really stunning, my kind of Z
They are the very same versions of the Nissan works Radyot-copies that I recommended to you when you were asking about mirrors, and which you rejected.

He's mounted his a little further back on the door than most.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:58 AM.

The Future Is Bright... The Future Is ZClub!

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ZClub.net, All Rights Reserved.