ZClub.net

ZClub.net (http://zclub.net/forum/index.php)
-   News (http://zclub.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The big 50 is coming (http://zclub.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28549)

Vaughan 19-08-2017 09:15 AM

Suppose this will have to be a Midlands area meet?There is always sunny South West for a change!
Willing to help Steve if needed!

nospark 19-08-2017 06:08 PM

The new Z might be hitting the showrooms in 2019.
Ask Nissan how they plan to mark the anniversary of the Z. Ask how the club could fit in with their plans.

Woody928 22-08-2017 04:53 PM

Count me in, I imagine speaking to Nissan to see if there are any plans would be a good start.

Otherwise a central location that is feasible for everyone, Donington Park is probably as central as you can get to try and be as fair as possible to everyone.

If I can help I'll try to....

jonbills 22-08-2017 05:12 PM

Some central location options offered here, depending on how inclusive we are.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-29206920
Dunsop bridge looks good to me - there's a few places around there I'd like to visit anyway.

Arkwright 23-08-2017 12:17 AM

I am willing to book the Z - Fest venue again at Nottingham. It was always regarded as a central point in the country and I think we held around six very successful events there. There is plenty of camping and two good toilet blocks. There are now additional bunk rooms for those too old to camp (I stress these are boy scout quality NOT hotel standard and accommodate 6 - 8 beds in each room.) I can probably still get a band or bands and see if the caterer is still available. If this venue is selected I will need help with organisation during the event.

Depending on financial help from our clubs I would estimate we could have a good long weekend (Fri. Sat, Sun) for around 20 per head plus about 3 per night camping fees.

status 23-08-2017 06:30 AM

I'm depping with the quo experiance at the mo so if you want sum good old boogey rock blues or I've got an 80s band up and running also a classic rock band,bit of a pain being in demand but I'll be there anyway

Mr Ex Jnr 23-08-2017 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkwright (Post 278301)
I am willing to book the Z - Fest venue again at Nottingham. It was always regarded as a central point in the country and I think we held around six very successful events there. There is plenty of camping and two good toilet blocks. There are now additional bunk rooms for those too old to camp (I stress these are boy scout quality NOT hotel standard and accommodate 6 - 8 beds in each room.) I can probably still get a band or bands and see if the caterer is still available. If this venue is selected I will need help with organisation during the event.

Depending on financial help from our clubs I would estimate we could have a good long weekend (Fri. Sat, Sun) for around 20 per head plus about 3 per night camping fees.

Zedfest at mansfield scout hut is a good place to hold it plenty of parking space and tent space good venue z club had good turnout there get some stalls down there ie traders and some stuff to do all good I think should be around June not to early in year but not to late in year

jonbills 23-08-2017 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Ex Jnr (Post 278338)
Zedfest at mansfield scout hut is a good place to hold it plenty of parking space and tent space good venue z club had good turnout there get some stalls down there ie traders and some stuff to do all good I think should be around June not to early in year but not to late in year

deffo not July/August. We don't want to do it in the rain :)

Mr Ex Jnr 23-08-2017 02:13 PM

Was thinking end may and all June try get people to get there

Mr_Tenno 24-08-2017 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Ex Jnr (Post 277991)
Mot is what they may need

:rofl: Definitely!

andrew muir 30-08-2017 11:30 PM

Bass players. always in demand!!:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by status (Post 278302)
I'm depping with the quo experiance at the mo so if you want sum good old boogey rock blues or I've got an 80s band up and running also a classic rock band,bit of a pain being in demand but I'll be there anyway

status 31-08-2017 06:25 AM

Right there Andrew,up in Peterborough tonight,then Maidstone,Swindon then off to Egypt for some scube diving

status 31-08-2017 08:02 AM

End of May,bank holiday is usually nice ,August ,July would still be my choice though

Jake RAH 07-09-2017 12:50 PM

I'm not suggesting this location for this event because I live local (honest gov) but because I think it would be a great place for the event. Silverstone :cool:
Also ain't the CZR talking about Silverstone for the 50th. Wouldn't it make sense if the clubs pulled together for this one?
I reckon if we got our fingers out and contacted the organisers of the Silverstone Classic that we could run a parade lap or 3 (again) ;)

https://youtu.be/CW5uSNshdZM

Huw 07-09-2017 02:14 PM

Like that idea Jake, would be quite fitting for all take part in a parade lap