PDA

View Full Version : alternative rear damper

STEVE BURNS
10-03-2002, 05:31 PM
My 280zx has just failed its MOT due to a leaking rear 22 way adjustable Leda damper.
This is the same one that failed before and I am wondering if anyone out there can suggest an alternative make and its cost as I have lost confidence with Ledas

Ben
12-03-2002, 01:50 PM
Hi Steve,
What sort of damper do you want?
Do you want adjustable & if so, internal or external?

I've got Koni's in my 240Z & KYB's in my Skyline. I've also heard good things about Tokico's & Bilstein's.

pmac
13-03-2002, 12:07 AM
Hi Steve,
There are two ways for you to go with this one.
First of all try a little weight reduction to ease the strain on the shocks.
Secondly, get some Tociko shocks from "You know who" in Essex like I did. They give a nice firm ride which is what we all want. What is the point of adjustables? I personally don't like to change position once I have got going, do you?
Pmac

STEVE BURNS
14-03-2002, 10:47 PM
Hi pmac
the chances of wieght reduction are somewhat slim if there was I woudn't be known as the fatboy
with regards to ride height I find that varity of the hight of the ride allows me to experiment untill I find the position that suits my car
I have to have adjustable dampers to suit the kaminari body kit otherwise the car loos plain stupid

STEVE BURNS
24-03-2002, 08:52 PM
After speaking to Mike Feeney decided to take the strut back to Leda for a rebuild. So impressed with thier service and helpfulness. Delivered it to them on Monday and they had it back to me by Friday, the fault was a damaged rod that was pulling the oil past the seal