PDA

View Full Version : Another new owner !

SeanDezart
06-06-2004, 03:51 PM
Cathy is the new proud owner of a (we assume) 1980 2 seater.

It is an ex-Belgian model, manual, no power steering (with rack and pinion), no electric windows or rear luggage cover and no check list 'gauge'. Just over 100,000 miles and during the 1,000 miles driven from pick-up (near Toulon), via the south coast, Andorra and the Dordogne returned 30 mpg ! I have to say, I like driving it, it's comfortable and starts every time !
It's gets look everywhere, perhaps because the bodywork does need attention - we'll do it, just need some time. In the meantime she sits dryly in our garage awaiting her older sister - my 240 !

STEVE BURNS
06-06-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by SeanDezart

It's gets look everywhere,
sure its people after not seeing the bald head on one so young driving the ZX, not beleiving thier eyes and wanting a second look :D

ps can't make france in sept Ians getting married on the date we talked about and Pauline says she wants to go to that for some reason

SeanDezart
06-06-2004, 04:49 PM
One so young ? Since when did you start being so nice to me ? I will be forty this year !
Sorry you can't make it then - perhaps if our club organises a weekend event early next June....?
But we might see you before of course !

suzy
09-06-2004, 03:17 PM
perhaps if our club organises a weekend event early next June.....?

Maybe the weekend before Le Mans????

I'm game to help organises!

status
09-06-2004, 07:38 PM
40+,get yer haircut,or is that baldness old age,aleays thought you were older than me

SeanDezart
14-06-2004, 05:43 PM
Suzy - how did your boozy girls w/e go ? If we organise a June event next year, it will be the w/e before Le Mans - ok ?

Status - let's not talk haircuts eh or have you not invested in mirrors at your place !!!

status
14-06-2004, 08:16 PM
wot r they

SeanDezart
14-06-2004, 10:31 PM
Don't you ever need to look in one to squeeze those spots ? I take it you are younger than me ? Or is that the excuse to run about in more Zeds than you can drive ?

suzy
16-06-2004, 12:49 PM
Sean - girls w/e was great but we did scare the French a bit!!

Have you done a trip to Reims yet? easy to get to from Dover then cut across country to Le Mans?? just an idea. Or we could just use Pete and Tracys again as a base. drop me a email so we can try and sort something out to put into the next mag
S

status
16-06-2004, 06:25 PM
just waiting to get my 911,thought that was a zit on yer shoulders lad,any good fishing spots down your way,coming over next year

SeanDezart
20-06-2004, 10:44 AM
911 ? God, I hope not - I'll have to stop talking to you !
I don't fish but there are plenty of lakes/rivers - permit required, available in hunting shops or paid directly at private lakes.

Le Mans is 11/12 June and I'll be looking to hire a car circuit near Nantes the Sunday before (5th). I think Pete/Traceys is a good base, being equi-distant from Nantes/Le Mans and not too far from Puy du Fou if we wanted to go there !

suzy
21-06-2004, 10:11 AM
Pete has a small lake just by the campsite now, also I know of 4 others only 10-15 min drive away, can't say what they are like as I know nothing about fishhing but I'll do some home work.

Puy du fou could be good and a Karting Challenge again?? Someone has to knock you and Cathy off the winning podium! Perhaps you can take the new little one round with you as a handicap!

I've lost the web address for buying camping tickets etc for Le Mans, could you post it for me, Ta

SeanDezart
21-06-2004, 12:30 PM
Suzy,
order them direct from www.lemans.org

Or Just Tickets, or the Arnage site or Motoring International ?

Or if you're sure to be coming, I'll order what you want with mine !

Puy du Fou would be good - I'm not sure how it could be organised best to do the Grand Parc (daytime) and the CinÚ-scÚnie (Friday and Saturday eveings only).

Typical programme:

Fri 3 juin - welcome BBQ at the campsite - swimming pool etc

Sat 4 Zeds on circuit near Nantes with pre-packed picnic / resto in the eveing or BBQ at our house (CinÚ-ScÚnie in the eveing ? must be there for 21:30)

sun 5 free time/horse riding/boule competition
mon 6 Grand Parc du Puy du Fou again with pre-packed picnic
tue 7 (morning karting ?) then easy drive up to Le Mans camping
wed 8 tour around area then evening practice/qualifying
thur 9 tour around area/chill out then evening practice/qualifying
fri 10 pit walk/drivers' town centre parade/campsites visit
sat 11 last minute shopping, watch classics racing, race
sun 12 race plus 'chill out' BBQ
mon 13 head back for homes

In all, 7 working days holiday needed / firm intentions and 100% deposits taken for a fun filled long week of mixed, high quality entertainment including the opportunity to drive your Zs exclusively on a circuit !
I will begin to estimate the costs involved !

suzy
21-06-2004, 01:29 PM
you forgot to mention the excellent company!

suzy
21-06-2004, 01:33 PM
Sean - yes it would be great if you could get us tickets when you order yours, let me know just before you put the order in as we may have an extra car with us. Also I'll send cheque or transfer monies to you.

Like the timetable of events so far! I'll check with Tracy for costs of vans and camping, will let you know

suzy
21-06-2004, 04:17 PM
Sean - There are two stable in the area.

One just off the D748 Argenton Chateau to Bressuire road, either in the village of La Coudre or St Aubin du Plain (I think the latter) Great stables don't just dump you on a horse and let you get on with it, very responsible and well care for horses. Will either do a very slow hack for beginners where you hardly touch a road it is all bridlepath or a more advanced ride with fording rivers and canters along sandy river beds.

The other stables is at the Chataeu of Brissac Quince, just off the D748 Angers to Doue la Fontaine (closer to Angers than Doue) have not been to these stable but the riding is meant to be excellent through the grounds of the Chateau. An advantage of this would be the non riders could do the Chateau and walk the grounds while the others go riding. Then meet up for wine tasting in the Chataeu's cellars!

Just a thought!!!

SeanDezart
21-06-2004, 09:54 PM
Don't forget to ask Tracy for ideas on packed luches and supplied BBQ food - I'll check out the visit costs - maybhe we should continue this privately but then again if more see what it takes to organise something good (INCLUDING HOPEFULLY A CIRCUIT EXCLUSIVELY FOR ZEDS at about 60 quid for the day) then maybe more will come !
Excellent company garaunteed but don't count on knocking Cathy and I off our pedestal - if there is one thing she's craved for during the pregnancy, it's to go karting !