Z31 conversion

Ooudestomp

Forum User
Hey guys, so I've gotten hold of a 1986 N/A Auto Z31, and I'm now after some parts for the rusty little s*** :D

So first off I'll be after a manual conversion for it, so gearbox, pedal, shifter, lines, cables etc etc.
I'd also be looking into a turbo conversion once the gearbox is sorted, can anyone recommend any turbo set ups? I'd be keen to keep the vg30et engine, but I'm not sure what the standard turbo kit and engine internals are capable of, so I might be going down the upgraded after market route if anyone can suggest places to get bits from.
Other than that I'd quite like a facelift front end, or just anything generally to brighten it up!

Many thanks

mrM

Club Member
my advice is save yourself the hassle and save up and buy a facelift turbo which sounds like what you really want, if you can find one... not many about but they do come up,doner parts are hard to find for converting your n/a,untill then just enjoy what you have,do an online search and you ll find out everything you need to know about the vg30et and tuning it

Ooudestomp

Forum User
Problem with that is, I want the facelift front end but the old rear end. Also finding a turbo manual these days is like finding hens teeth. I just thought I'd put out some enquiries and see what people have in their sheds before I go all in and buy a donor car

mrM

Club Member
ive seen a facelift turbo for sale today,besides that i would pm chappo123 on here,he probably has the front end parts you are looking for

Ooudestomp

Forum User
Yeah I've spoken to chappo, he's got a nose cone but not the rest. I got this zx for free, which is why I'm looking for bits to go in it if I'm honest