Wiper Arms and Blades Wanted

TimW

Club Member
I'm after a pair of chrome wiper blades and arms for 1978 RHD 260z. I'm pretty sure the 78 had them originally black, but I likes the shiny ones ;)

Does anyone have any they wanna sell or could help point me in the right direction pls.

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
I bought a pair of nice shiny stainless steel ones not long back to replace my black ones, but I can't remember where I bought them from now :rolleyes: :lol: If it comes back to me I'll let you know.
Ah yeah and I think you'll find it's stainless you're after, not chrome. Don't think Z's ever had chrome wipers but I stand to be corrected :)

A2Z

Well-Known Forum User
RHD and LHD wiper arms are different, as they are configured to sweep towards the right or left of the windscreen, depending upon the position of the steering wheel. Also, some wiper blades have pins, whilst others have a push in clip. The black paint on post-1977 S30 wiper blades can be stripped to reveal the stainless steel finish of the earlier-style components.

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
I would be tempted leave the black ones in place as they are the original fitment. 240 ones are stainless not chrome. If you had a 240 with black arms then that would be a different matter !

A2Z

Well-Known Forum User

Attachments

• 26370-N3500 (wiper 2).JPG
    26370-N3500 (wiper 2).JPG
    2 MB · Views: 18
  • 26370-N3500 (wiper 4).JPG
    26370-N3500 (wiper 4).JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 17
  • 26370-N3500 (wiper 3).JPG
    26370-N3500 (wiper 3).JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 17

TimW

Club Member
Great, thanks guys.

Stainless not chrome.. gotcha

The black paint is a little ropy so I think it worth stripping them back to see what I'm left with now I know they're stainless underneath. The only thing, there's a bit of play on the pivot pin, leading to about an inch of play over the length of the arm.

Those ebay ones are nice. A bit pricey, but from what you were saying A2Z I assume stainless underneath.

Jake, think, think, think lol..

Yeah, I don't like moving away from original, but I just have this thing about shiny wipers!..Love seeing them from inside. If I go stainless, I can always put them back to black I suppose.

A2Z

Well-Known Forum User
but from what you were saying A2Z I assume stainless underneath

That's right. I don't know if it is stainless steel, but the black-finished ones have a shiny metal base behind the black finishing coat.

Wyn

Club Member
Why not just repaint them, silver wheel spray should work ?
Maybe not mint but cheap work round ?

TimW

Club Member
Many thanks Guys, much appreciated.

Worked at treat.

A little bit of Diall cheapo paint stripper (worked extremely well), a bit of tin foil and Autosol and bob's your uncle..Nice shiny stainless steel underneath.

Need to buy a polishing machine now to get them real buff!..

Saved me a packet on new arms :thumbs:

http://jdm-car-parts.com/products/wiper-arms-for-rh-drive-datsun-240z-fairlady-z-240z

Need to source the wire blades next..

Attachments

• 20170212_185434.jpg
    20170212_185434.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
  • 20170212_185735.jpg
    20170212_185735.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 28