Where are you now?

Mr.F

Inactive
After losing touch with the V8 240Z that I created back in the Eighties, I had a call yesterday from its new owner who has put it back on the road in an extreme drag style way!

V8crop.jpg

Now with Big Block Chevy and Dana rear axle, the car looks like it means business - hopefully new owner Mark Williams will join the Club and participate in some of next season's Drag Challenge!

This is how it looked back in 1983:

240Z%20V8093.jpg

M

madmarco

I love the 1983 version but the 2011 version looks wicked! Cant wait to see it on the strip.

Mr.F

Inactive
Welcome! Please keep us up to date with developments and look forward to seeing you at some Drag Challenge meetings next year!

Mr.F

Inactive
Adding to the history:

You've already seen 1983 in the earlier picture - SBC and Jag rear end.
Here at Santa Pod, running low twelves and finding the limits of a Jag rear suspension:

DJG238.jpg

After a couple of years, F**d 9" rear axle and four link added to run slicks:

DJG239.jpg

Late Eighties - fibreglass panels and hood scoop. Already done the "Rat" look! This was at my last Pod meeting with the car where it ran back to back mid 10s:

DJG240.jpg

Repainted and sold to Rob Henshaw who terrorised East London and Essex with it for a few years:
Here trying to look inconspicuous at a S.E.K.Z. meeting - 1990 something.

DJG241.jpg

Briefly owned by the late Ken Chelton who passed it on to Dean Bottriell. This was Dean's new paint reinterpretation:

Z009.jpg

Dean campaigned the car in a Custom Car Drag Series for several years and attended Z Club drag meets, also running mid-10s on occasion.
The car came back to me for sale and went up to the Midlands where we lost track of it. There were some magazine pics of it still in JapCrap livery doing demo burnouts at various shows, and Dean remembers it featured in a Pod Fireworks Meeting advert.

And now she's back!

Last edited by a moderator: