What's that sound?

JakTheRuby

Club Member
In 1967 Buffalo Springfield sang "For what it's worth" in which they asked "Stop! Children! What's that sound?" In the advertisement on the homepage for the awesome Zedology DVD release by the Talented Mr. DJZ60 I have used and spliced together audio samples of two different Z cars for the animation. If anyone can guess:

a) What model and year is the first
b) What model and exhaust manufacturer is the second

... Then i'll give the lucky winner 2 x A3 glossy posters of the twin zclub magazine covers that featured the Silverstone Anniversary Parade Lap. No PM's asking the answer guys. Keep it on the thread. I reckon three days should be enough starting now (that's half past ten, friday night folks). Good luck and may the force be with you... always!

Superjakko
TM

JakTheRuby

Club Member
How to hear it!

First off, if you can't hear any sound and you're reading this, firstly turn on your speakers for your pc (if you don't have any then no need to go any further as you'll never hear it). Set the volume to around about quarter to half (making sure no one of a nervous disposition is stood near you) then click the home button and watch the animated advertisement for the incredible NEW 3rd ZClub DVD, ZEDOLOGY by the awesome DJZ60. Listen until the end of the animation (just after the click to buy bit appears) and then come back and have a guess!

Righty then, guess-wise we are very close. No one has the exhaust yet (it is one of the regular aftermarket big players though) and no one has the year yet. Keep guessing though (it's FREE) and the prize is pretty cool too!

Good luck,
SuperjakkoTM

JakTheRuby

Club Member
Hint Number 1

The engine starting and the subsequent 3 revs is the first car. The second car is from then on. Right, the first hint...

The first car has a smaller engine than the second.

Another hint tomorrow night around this time if no one gets it in between!

Happy guessing,
SuperjakkoTM

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
would it be a red 260 2+2, dodgey glass sunroof, well iffey driver ( cant reach gear lever) exhaust made from sticky backed plastic and an old sewer pipe? year 1976:rolleyes:

Nidge74

New Forum User
Sounds like a Kwik-Fit Zorst and a dodgy Bailey's in the second clip

The driver of the first should really allow the oil to circulate after starting before applying that many revs to a 1971 240Z

Mr Ex

Inactive
Well it looks like I'm on the right lines coz I've been saying the first is smaller than the second & the second has a dodgey gearbox so it must be L series speaking from experiance so it has got to be.
a; 240 with triples
b; 260+ with a noisy exhaust

JakTheRuby

Club Member
Getting There!

Right Folks. The first car has been guessed correctly a few times but not the year yet. Not saying who or when but it's there if you read it through. One person has got the second car but the wrong exhaust manufacturer. Keep going folks! It's definately worth the effort (that's what I tell the missus!)

Good Luck,
SuperjakkoTM