Weber DCOM number matching..?

mattbibbey

Well-Known Forum User
Hello all,

I have three Weber DCOM carbs (40's) that will be going on my L24 soon... I was talking to a friend of mine the other day and he mentioned matching numbers. I'm not sure the numbers on mine do match. :confused: There are all sorts of numbers on them. They all have identicle jets.

Which numbers am I supposed to be looking at?

Also, does it ACTUALLY matter? E.G. people say that you should never remove cam towers when stripping and assembling a cylinder head because the world will implode or whatever, but I know this to be false. :rofl:

My thinking is that if the jets are the same and so are the venturis and chokes etc, how can there be a drama? It's not like putting massive valves in the head without notching the block.... Lol

Thanks for taking the time to read through :)

Matt

Als, I have them in front of me now if anyone wants to see pictures.

amocrace

Well-Known Forum User
there should be a series of numbers after the dcom. there is a huge differance in carbs with varying numbers. progression holes air bleed sizes etc. in a perfect world they shouldn't be mixed. having said that there's not normally an issue on full bore
hope this helps

Wes

Well-Known Forum User
I've previously had mixed ones and they ran fine. Doesn't mean yours will though!
2 matched and 1 was odd.

Wes

mattbibbey

Well-Known Forum User
DSC_0364.jpg

DSC_0365.jpg

DSC_0366.jpg

Here are pics of the numbers that I think I'm supposed to be looking at. Also, last time I asked about my DCOM's (not on this site I might add) , there was a hail of condescending messages saying that I was mistaken and that I had DCOE's and DCOM's didn't even exist. LOL!!

mattbibbey

Well-Known Forum User
Cheers, just a read through them. Still don't really know what would happen using non-matching numbers carbs...? Unless I've just missed it. Huge amount of info on that HybridZ thread!