vanishing forum posts

It took about 20 seconds to see a former members threads and posts have been removed, Just about everything, Strangely all the threads have vanished? and the forum name has changed? Leo240z has become leo40z?

However if you search for haltech you'll get lots of threads still, just none of the repeated sale or discussion threads.

Is this just a glitch in the matrix?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Not guilty your Honour (in case you were wondering) however there was some abuse on those posts so they may have been removed as moderation or changed by the member?.

Mr Tenno

Digital Officer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Very odd, there's nothing I can see in the back end for the name change and nothing indicating the threads were deleted by the moderators - I can only imagine they were deleted by Leo himself.

Not guilty your Honour (in case you were wondering) however there was some abuse on those posts so they may have been removed as moderation or changed by the member?.

I didn't and don't think for one minute its any of the moderation team.

can you see when the change was though?

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
I believe that a thread once started can not be totally deleted by any one except an admin
What the original poster could do is edit out all the text in the opening message and change the message or leave three caricatures in its place but the thread would always be there

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
There is no record of a Leo240z and leo40z first joined this forum in the 18/6/2012 and has made 136 posts since then and last posted on the 29/9/2017

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Is it even possible to change your forum name? I'd like to change mine - seeing as I no longer have a Mustang ...

Well it can be done but it causes problems I think with looking at historical posts.

Better to remain as you are. :thumbs: