Upgrades

johnymd

Club Member
The time has come to spend some money on the old girl. Bought her a voucher from HMV so that's christmas sorted, now it's time to spend some on the Z.

Now I'm being a bit lazy here as I'm sure lots of you have already done the research and made up your minds as to what are the best options for suspension upgrades. On my list so far are Tech toys rear lower arms, front arms, and tie bars. I'm also trying to find a set of bolt in camber plates, any ideas who does these?

All advice and coments welcome.

johnymd

Club Member
I'll be making up a set of "short struts" using tokico illumina dampers and medium rate springs, maybe 250ish. Any suggestions?

Couldn't remember what you went for Darren. Not sure if I can be bothered to start cutting and welding the towers.

Wyn

Club Member
On my list so far are Tech toys rear lower arms, front arms, and tie bars.
All advice and coments welcome.

Theres a guy in Franceland who should be making his own version of these ready to go by crimbo time.
Like you I want a complete set so I've asked for a set and am waiting to see what he turns up in time
Might be worth a wait to get them over on the same boat ?

GTR-240Z

Well-Known Forum User
Have to agree with you on the welding which is why I went with the kmac top mounts should be going on the car soon. I will be replacing the springs as well as the rear is too soft but not sure on spring rates yet.
I'm keen on the technotoy front and rear control arms as well but will probably have to wait till next winter for those as my current plans are already over budget.