Tokico HPs vs Illuminas

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
Does anyone know the rebound rate of the HPs and the five settings on the Illuminas?

I have some Illuminas for the rear and was wondering if I can get away with using HPs on the front, and which setting on the Illuminas would be closest to the fixed setting of the HPs. I can't find any info anywhere on rebound rates.

Mr.F

Inactive
I don't have detailed data on the comparison, but from previous experience I would suggest Illumina setting 2 is about the same as HPs. Illumina 4/5 is almost rigid!

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
haha they sound a bit overkill to be honest.

But... I found some front illuminas for a good price so it looks like overkill is the way forward :)

Thanks for the info though, I'll be sure to set them to 2/3 to start with so I don't destroy the rest of the car!

btw. I just put through an order for various bushings and some springs through MJP; is the three week lead time for the springs variable, ie. is there a chance they might arrive sooner? Only I've decide to tear apart the suspension over the bank holidays we have coming up and as usual left it late to order.

Mr.F

Inactive
I'm afraid that the three week lead time is fixed at this time of the year...:eek:
Thanks for the order - I've sent you a PM requesting some further information...

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
Oh well, it will probably take me the whole weekend to do all the other bits anyway :)

thanks Mike