The world's most expensive 280z?

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Have I been away from the Z scene that long!?!?!?!?

2ec686d2de11175db1b51c9a2d877a30.jpg

http://classic-xjs-sales.co.uk/project/datsun_280z/

johnymd

Club Member
I'm not so sure it's that overpriced. Looks like a really nice car. It's a very drivable classic that still has the s30 looks. OK so its not a 240 but the 260/280 is probably a more usable option. I may be a bit biased as I'm building myself a 280z but I'm not alone in seeing the appeal of them.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I kinda agree with you Johny as I like all S30s and don't really get the snobbery towards the 260/280.

However the market doesn't seem to value them as highly hence I feel this one may be a little pricey. But let's see if it sells for that. The market may have moved again and decided the 260/280s are worthy now ;)

johnymd

Club Member
I think my red car wont be that far off this one by the time everything is upgraded and restored.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I kinda agree with you Johny as I like all S30s and don't really get the snobbery towards the 260/280.

However the market doesn't seem to value them as highly hence I feel this one may be a little pricey. But let's see if it sells for that. The market may have moved again and decided the 260/280s are worthy now ;)

I don't feel it's pricey or even over-priced - all the hard work has been done, I'd rather see a bumper at the rear but so what ? She's clean outside and in....got a dash cap but the indicators are the right way around :D she's here, registered, MOT-ed !

What more does one want ?

Dave B

Well-Known Forum User
Looks really nice, if you’re going to buy a lhd Z, might as well have a 280..
Notice they’ve welded up the holes where the shocks for the rear bumper mount too
Hope 280’s are climbing well, mine will stand me at not far off that when it’s finished

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
That's it - filled in the rear wing indicators too - all the hardwork done to make it 'Euro' !

2+2s sell - given the choice, I'd have a 2+2 280Z......and my 240 of source.

DanG

Forum User
On carandclassic there are currently 2 nut and bolt restoration 280z's for 35000 and 40000. Given this isn't a nut and bolt but looks like a very clean example id say its reasonable.

Jamesk350

Club Member
Well I ended up buy the car last week,as it was one of the better ones I’d looked but the EFI relay went pop at the weekend (sparks flying out of it) so I’ve not had a proper drive of it yet. Got a new relay today (VW part) as Nissan ones are super rare and expensive and hope to give it a run on Sunday.
Hope to meet up with some you chaps at some point this year.

jK

Last edited: