Suspension upgrade for 17x9.5 -et19 wheels

mjf7552

Forum User
Confused myself silly! Bought large wheels from rota RBX 17x9.5 et-19 for front and rear. obviously i will need to roll arches and have purchased flared arches. i want to lower the car but i dont feel i need adjustable suspension. i have applied the wheels and they dont seem to interfer with the suspension although i can only get my finger in the gap available at the front between suspension spring and the wheel. can i just upgrade the spring? should i do the shock at the same time anyway? if so which ones? or is the cost of this close to fitting adjustables although the only people i can find that do this are the z farm at around £1000 plus fittment. this will sap my budget and still got so much more to do to complete my cars transformation. HELP going nuts want car sat on wheels so it can go to the body shop! cheers

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
You will need to replace the shocks for something that can handle lowered suspension unless your car already has them installed. Have you installed the wheels and put the car on the ground? You should probably do that before deciding how much drop you want. To be honest I think you are probably going to have to cut and weld the arches to get those wheels to fit under the flares properly.

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
got a picture as that would help,plus i would have thought you might need to do more than just roll the arches but worth trying first, as you need to allow for suspension travel

240Z Man

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
I am thinking of changing my wheels to similar wheels and I have noticed you have got -19 offset. With that offset I would imagine you will have to extend outside the wheel arch quite a way and I'm sure you will have to cut the arches and fit spats. I know Rota do different offsets, I just wonder weather you have picked the best one for the car. Please post photo's as I would be interested to see what it looks like !