Star Road

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
Those sweeping flared arches on the orange one are beyond hideous. How anyone can take a car which in its original form has such beautiful lines and do that to it escapes me. But I am prepared to accept that some people may really love it. Just not me. Each to their own, as they say.

richiep

Club Member
That latest bodykit design from Star Road was always going to be polarizing. I'm all for arch flares and JDM styling (down with UK/US-spec blandness and originality! :p ;) ), but it's a bit much for me too tbh! Likewise, I'm not a major fan of the Rocket Bunny bodykit on Sung Kang's "FuguZ" that was unveiled at SEMA. I think that car would have been just as impressive had the flares been a little bit more traditional rather than stylized; same goes for this car.

Having said that, Inoue-san does make some great cars and is one of the most well-known movers in the Japanese old skool tuning/modding scene with wonderfully detailed resto-mods and big HP, big capacity stroker engines. The blue car in the video is a beauty that's been around for quite a while. I also really liked the very slick look of the grey one - I haven't seen that one before. The extended front grille looked nice - enhanced the shark-like nose profile. The KGC10 Hakosuka - with standard rear arches for a change - was also a stand-out. Clean.

As Rob says though, each to their own. :thumbs:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
The orange car reminds me of this:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 24