Some Desktop Dyno Charts

Bantambunny

Well-Known Forum User
I've been reading up and messing around with a few ideas before i take the big plunge and buy the cam/rocker/lifter set up for the car this weekend. It's not cheap so i need to make sure i'm doing the right thing so this is what i've finally decided on is a solid roller lifter and cam to cope with the larger high lift crower springs.

The cam i've pretty much decided on is the Crane PowerMax SR-232 giving me 232/240 @ 0.050" and 112 degrees separation. It's the second mildest solid roller I can opt for and if i need more later on i can always opt for a bigger cam when i need it. The important bit is that as the engine is a 383 stroker it's got a 0.900" base circle for long stroke clearance.

I popped everything into desktop dyno tonight and this is what it came up with for the slightly milder cam with a single plane manifold.

I've tried both the single and dual plane intakes and the dual gives a longer power/torque curve so i think i'll compromise and weld a separator into the single plane to calm it down a bit and make it more streetable.

Well this is it, the final push to get all the bits in ready to build in the next 2 weeks.

Managed to get some custom manifolds cheaply to get it running (£30 off another z32 383 stroker conversion) before getting it taxed and tested to drive to sheffield to have its full stainless 3inch system fitted. After that i need to find a good chevy tuner to get the best out of the carb set up and set the needles up correctly.

Dynosheet.gif