Skyline GTR Brembo Caliper Upgrade Kit

ZedsDead

Well-Known Forum User
I've been looking at front brake conversion solutions for my 240. I'm planning to use the T3 full rear end conversion which will allow me to use my rear 5-lug hubs and brakes from a Skyline. The problem is that T3 don't make a front end solution.

A lot of the other kits I've seen for big brake conversions rely on aftermarket parts and split rotor/bell style discs.

I have a set of big Brembos from an R33 GTR so I wanted to make a kit which would allow me to fit these to the car so that any replacement parts such as discs or pads would be available as off the shelf skyline parts.

I'm just finishing up my CAD drawings for a custom hub and caliper mounting bracket. I'm hopefully going to be getting them machined in the next couple of weeks.

It occurred to me that other people might be interested in a similar kit so thought I'd post on here to see if anyone is, that way I can get several sets made at once.

Currently the kit will be as follows:

2 x 5-lug front hubs with 5x114.3 PCD (Material TBC, either 316 or Ti).
2 x Caliper mounting bracket (Material TBC, either 316 or Ti).

This will essentially provide a kit which will allow an easy bolt on solution for anyone wanting to fit Brembo calipers to their 240. I'm just doing a little research but I think that it should allow the easy fitment of calipers, pads and discs from R33 GTR and R34 GTR cars.

Price of parts will depend on the number of sets made but I think they should come in somewhere similar in price to the T3 hubs if I get a few done.

atomman

Club Member
Sounds good, there is a lot more wheel choice out there if you go 5 x 114,

Is there any increase in track width ? can you still run 15"'s over the Brembo's ?

My choice of material would be T6 front the hubs,easdy to machone and light, can i ask why you would chose 316 ? and Ti is a pain to machine and expensive ( I have 5 machines in work that machine it everyday )

Gary

ZedsDead

Well-Known Forum User
@Atomman The material can be anything really. T3 use T6 but I was hesitant to offer to supply parts to other people that weren't made of something really solid. T3 have obviously been selling 6061 hubs for ages with no problems though. I'm actually tempted to run the FEA on it just for my own peace of mind.

I won't be able to confirm the track width until the drawing is finished. I'm just about to use a coordinate measurement machine to work out the PCD of the caliper mounting brackets on both the Skyline and the 240. That way I can make sure that the radius for the new mounting holes is perfectly concentric with the original mounting holes. My aim is to have as little impact on the original geometry as possible though.

I really doubt you'd be able to run them with 15 inch wheels but I'll try and work out what the smallest wheel is that will accommodate them.

@Johnymd, yes me too. I want to try and make the kit so that it will allow the simple bolt on of existing Nissan parts.