Silicone Hoses

Onlyady

Active Forum User
Does anyone do an off the shelf kit for a stock 260 as mine are all about screwed so thought I would upgrade as many as possible. Cheers.

mattbibbey

Well-Known Forum User
Same as above but for stock 240Z...... any out there? I seem to remember a company like samco doing a kit for 240z. It was black as well.

JK240

Club Member
Matt, I found plenty of places advertise them both in the UK and US however when you actually put an order in they only seem to have red or blue. Even Mishimoto told me end of the year for delivery. I've just ordered OEM from Mike at MJP, posted today :thumbs:

mattbibbey

Well-Known Forum User
Cool, I'd never actually made any enquiries. My car has far more pressing issues. lol.

So you're going to stick with original stuff then?

toopy

Club Member
I was considering getting some silicone rad hoses made up for myself,
by sending mine off as patterns, then if all is well, have a batch done to sell on
to you guys to recoup my initial costs ;)

The top hose is apparently the same for 240z, 260z and 280zx so no worries there

but the bottom hose is, according to MrF, slightly different between 240, 260 and 280zx
with 280zx having a small difference between model years as well!

So exactly how different they are im not sure, i have a 280 engine and a 280zx radiator, but im
not sure what bottom hose i have, wether its the original 260 type, or the 280 one if it
came with the replacement engine at the time!?

The hose's will obviously have some give within the basic shape/moulding,
especially if i had the bottom one made slightly longer at each end, say 10 to 15mm per end

What do you guys reckon? :confused:

Mr.F

Inactive
The top hose is apparently the same for 240z, 260z and 280zx so no worries there
Same top hose for 240Z/260Z; similar shape, but slightly different for 280ZX.
To cover the full range of bottom hoses there are five variants...

toopy

Club Member
Same top hose for 240Z/260Z; similar shape, but slightly different for 280ZX.
To cover the full range of bottom hoses there are five variants...

Mike

any chance you could post a few pics of different hose's, i may atleast then be able to work out
exactly what i have on my car for starters! :thumbs:

Mr.F

Inactive
I only keep S30 top hose and 240Z bottom hose in stock, otherwise to order.
I did notice that these 240Z hoses have just been added to my USA supplier inventory:
large167220.jpg

Not cheap though...about 2.5x stock price.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.F

Inactive
BTW, early 260Z bottom hose just like above but with the long run about an inch or so longer - no longer available, so no pictures and very limited application.
The later 260Z bottom hose (which you should have) is much longer as the radiator extends lower in the car.

toopy

Club Member
BTW, early 260Z bottom hose just like above but with the long run about an inch or so longer - no longer available, so no pictures and very limited application.
The later 260Z bottom hose (which you should have) is much longer as the radiator extends lower in the car.

Great, thanks for that, so if i produce the longer hose for later cars, if any one needs an earlier
one, the later one can be supplied and just needs to be cut down to suit :thumbs:

Am i right in thinking that the 280zx bottom hose is much the same length and bend wise
as the later 260 but differs in that there is a small angle change at the end that goes
into the engine?

toopy

Club Member
Taken some pics of what i have on my car

myhose1.JPG

looks quite different to the mishimoto 240 version, which i would expect

myhose2.JPG

This is the angle change going onto the stub, assume i have a 280zx stub and hose?