rust on newer cars!

toopy

Club Member
I was giving the front brakes on my sons Corsa a quick check over, and was shocked to see how corroded
some of the suspension and brake bolts etc were :eek:
The car is a 62 plate model (Feb 2013) 30,000 miles approx, so nothing out of the ordinary,
two of the caliper bolt heads were so rusty, they started to round off.....WTF :cuss:

My daily driver is a 11 yr old Audi A3 and it looks showroom underneath in comparison, and thats done 101,000 miles!!

brake1.JPG
brake2.JPG
brake3.JPG

racer

Club Member
Yep that doesn't surprise me. The modern stuff is no better than the pressed steel parts on Zeds.

My Gt86 (2012) Wasn't that bad when I got it but the rust had started, so I covered everything in ACF50 and greased up all the suspension bolts.

Paul_S

Club Member
That is pretty shocking!

My 370Z has small parts which are a bit rusty now (2009 / 56,000 miles) - basically some of the bolts under the bonnet and some of the bracing underneath. But nothing as bad as that. All the important bits are still good.

Does your son live near the coast?

toopy

Club Member
That is pretty shocking!

My 370Z has small parts which are a bit rusty now (2009 / 56,000 miles) - basically some of the bolts under the bonnet and some of the bracing underneath. But nothing as bad as that. All the important bits are still good.

Does your son live near the coast?

No, he lives near me in Bromley, according to the registration, it came from Yorkshire originally, its one owner, but was bought by the vendor we got it from at auction, it was a trade in.

Paul, i think your Z sounds pretty run of the mill, light rust wise on components/bolts etc, in other words pretty good,
thats why i was so shocked to see what the Corsa was like at barely 3yrs :unsure:

Racer, Ive got some of that ACF50, so will splash some about forthwith

Dave B

Well-Known Forum User
My mate sold his GTR a few weeks ago (2010 model), he was telling me the rear arches were showing signs of bubbling on that