Rota RBR wheels staggered .

Andre

Well-Known Forum User
Rota RBR + RBX alloy wheels

Staggered setup

17" x 8.5" 4x114 ET4 front wheels

17" x 9.5" 4x114 ET-19 Rear wheels

Will here fit a 280z without arch work or will arch work be a definate must??

Need to know ASAP .

racer

Club Member
That's a huge wheel on a Zed Andre.
I know Darren runs 17" wheels with a 245 rear tyre and no arches. Don't know what the offset is though.
Also he can't lower the car very much because there so big.

Andre

Well-Known Forum User
That's a huge wheel on a Zed Andre.
I know Darren runs 17" wheels with a 245 rear tyre and no arches. Don't know what the offset is though.
Also he can't lower the car very much because there so big.

Do you mean no overfenders? Was planning on going for overfenders anyway but stance is what I'm wanting to go for in the long run .

richiep

Club Member
Those 17" Rotas look too big IMO. They are inspired by the Watanabe R-Type, which are typically 15" or 16" wheels when used on a Z. I think the 17s are intended for more modern cars like 200sx etc. Agree with Franky - that larger size is not going to give you the aesthetic you are looking for.

You also initially asked if they were too big without arch work. The answer is yes, most definitely with the rears with the negative offset.

racer

Club Member
"Do you mean no over fenders? Was planning on going for over fenders anyway but stance is what I'm wanting to go for in the long run"

Yes sorry I did mean over fenders Andre.

I agree with you about the stance. It's very important to the overall look of the car.
If you want go low then be careful not to go too big as the other lads have said.

Andre

Well-Known Forum User
Guess you are all right on the overall size of the wheel as 15" or 16" may be the better option to go for , any one know of any suppliers In the UK for these wheels? The 17" ones seem to be the only ones I can find over in the UK.

astroboy

Well-Known Forum User
RBX are in manufactured with a diameter of 17"
The RB's smallest diameter is 15" and progresses onto a 16' but does come with a 114. From my knowledge the only one that does is the 17" but I would seriously check. This is just bringing it up from memory

Give Rich or Kambo a call at Driftworks and they can actually talk things through with you.

So is the car going to be all show and no? lol ;)

Andre

Well-Known Forum User
Cheers mate I've had a quick look on there website and they seem to have quite a few options on there so they probably are the people to talk to.
And yes all show and no go for this one... Been there with the power with my old skyline and supra so time for a different approach this time around .

richiep

Club Member
I know the view is (including my own) that the 17s look a bit too big, but one other option available to you are the Rota RKRs. These are Rotas' proper take on/copy of the Watanabe design (the RBs, RBRs, RBXs are an approximation and IMO look nowhere near as cool). There is more choice from the US in sizes and offsets for these - Rota in the UK are a bit lame in comparison with only a couple of sizes, albeit ones that suit standard Z arches, 15x8 and 15x9 et0. However, check eBay and you'll see sets with 17x8.5 and 17x9.5 with the required negative offsets to fill out the overfenders. Still think there are missing a trick by having these in 17" not 16" but here's a Z with them fitted:

JCCS-17-copy.jpg

I know the view is (including my own) that the 17s look a bit too big, but one other option available to you are the Rota RKRs. These are Rotas' proper take on/copy of the Watanabe design (the RBs, RBRs, RBXs are an approximation and IMO look nowhere near as cool). There is more choice from the US in sizes and offsets for these - Rota in the UK are a bit lame in comparison with only a couple of sizes, albeit ones that suit standard Z arches, 15x8 and 15x9 et0. However, check eBay and you'll see sets with 17x8.5 and 17x9.5 with the required negative offsets to fill out the overfenders. Still think there are missing a trick by having these in 17" not 16" but here's a Z with them fitted:

JCCS-17-copy.jpg

I do like those RichieP, 15x8 in bronze on my orange car is what I'm thinking :) however part of me wants a nice 14x7 set in the right offset to give the car a 'darty' look. It should also feel a bit more lively to steer also. I like this forum, its a place full of first world problems:)

datsfun

Club Member
It all depends on the look you are after..

This is my mind is pure perfection for a ZG arched car.

15x10.5 with -32 offset!,

Andre

Well-Known Forum User
Do like the look of the silver / grey one with the 17" on but I think I'd love the look with 15" or 16" more as it will really have the look I want then (and cheaper tyres lol ) just harder to find the wheels in the right offset and size but will speak to driftworks about it after Xmas .

datsfun

Club Member
You must be joking re tyres? generally 17 's are much cheaper than 15's and 16's are most expensive have limited tyre choice.

zNathan

Well-Known Forum User
16inch Watanabes on what look like stock arches (possibly rolled slightly?) about as low as you can go! Have always loved the look of this Z and I'm sure many have seen this before

desmoinespotd2010%20090.jpg