rota alloys what fits

chris frizzell

Club Member
hi all would like you thoughts on rota alloys thinking off a set of rbr 16" 8 10mm os but dont know if they will fit. my 280z car is running stock suspention but lowerd by 40mm and ian got a silverline brake convertion with 4 pot drill and vented discs. may have to swap the wheel studs . any help would be great chris

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
You can borrow my rota grids to check the fitment.
16x8 +10 with 205,55,16 tyres

toopy

Club Member
My 16x8 wheels +10 off set, hit the suspension without a spacer! I also have lowered stock suspension

Ian

Club Member
Can confirm 16x8 ET10 will only fit the rear on a stock 260Z but will fit all round if you have thin aftermarket coilovers.

Dougs260z

Club Member
Mine 15x8 offset 0, 4x114.3 Rota Kyusha with Yokahama A048 225x50x15 for summer and standard mags for winter. Please consider that 15 radius tires in this size are rare.
Please also consider there is a risk of tram-lining and snatching steering out of you hand due to excessive grip for a none power steering car.
If you are not over 16 stone please consider less than 7" wide alloys or power steering.

datsfun

Club Member
Mine 15x8 offset 0, 4x114.3 Rota Kyusha with Yokahama A048 225x50x15 for .
Please also consider there is a risk of tram-lining and snatching steering out of you hand due to excessive grip

The excessive tram-lining and "steering snatching moments" are primarily due the choice of the tyre compound you are using, the Yoko's are meant for track use and barely scrape through being road legal.

I suspect if you swapped the A048's for good quality road tyres, the handling effects mentioned ^ would be more or less eliminated.
All IMHO

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Perhaps because the 260z and 280z has wider strut tubes, this is why they don't fit.