Replacement flexi brake line | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

Replacement flexi brake line

Discussion in 'S30 (240Z,260Z,280Z) Suspension,Brakes and Steerin' started by bluejon, Apr 16, 2018 at 5:08 PM.

1. bluejon

bluejon
    Z Club Member

I have a chunk out of a front brake line and need to make a replacement for MOT purposes.

From the pic below, can anyone give a view on whether the flexi lines I have are the stock version, or whether they have been changed over the years. Note that the brakes themselves are converted to Toyota S12+8 callipers, but the original S30 spec flexi lines might have been retained.

Attached Files:

2. candy red

candy red
    Z Club Member

They look stock to me ,might be wrong I've had braided hoses made for my car much better all round giving better Braking and will last longer:)

Derrick ;)

3. Huw

Huw
    Z Club Member

Like Derrick says, braided hoses are they way to go. Call Mr.F at MJP Eastern Autos. He will no doubt sort you a set.

4. Rob Gaskin

Rob Gaskin Membership Secretary Staff Member Committee Member

They are probably standard but the joint should be supported by a bracket on the strut.

5. bluejon

bluejon
    Z Club Member

Mike is sorting me out with some braided fronts. Does anyone have a photo of the supporting bracket that should come from the strut to the end of the hard line ?

6. candy red

candy red
    Z Club Member

7. yellowz

yellowz
    Z Club Member

Without any fittings on 20180417_132101.jpg 20180417_132121.jpg