Red Lyon meet & photos Sat 17th March

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
redlyon_hurley.jpg

Sorry guys I know I should have posted it up earlier but there is a meet Red Lyon in Maidenhead tomorrow Saturday 17th March 1.30pm onwards

Red Lyon, Henley Road, Hurley, Maidenhead SL6 5LH
Red Lyon ? Pub / Restaurant in Hurley, nr Henley on Thames

Nice location and nice grub
Current Menu

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
bit of a bummer going to have to, was going to say pull out but think :eek: better say have to miss out on this
Real shame as some nice people will be there and the gammon and bubble was excellent last time we were there:(

Buckaroo Banzai

Well-Known Forum User
bit of a bummer going to have to, was going to say pull out but think :eek: better say have to miss out on this
Real shame as some nice people will be there and the gammon and bubble was excellent last time we were there:(

Well yours would have tasted really good, as it was actually my Gammon and bubble....:D

Pablito

Forum User
Well, I had to get up at stupid o'clock to meet Dave (Red Lyon owner) at 8.30am for my MOT, he very kindly had managed to squeeze me in to his rather hectic testing station schedule... Poor Dave had been working from 5.30am!!! He ushered me in and got to work.... some time later, I was a very happy little boy with a pass certificate in my grubby hands.

Fast forward 4hrs and a number of Costa coffees later I turned up at the pub, where a few seconds later, Richard Smith turned up in his very nice blue motor...

DSCF2175.jpg

closely followed by... another Richard Smith, in his very nice blue motor....... even more disconcerting was the fact that they looked like a thin version of the Mitchell brothers! :blushing:

DSCF2247.jpg

This is the XFR Jag, which pushes out a measly 523bhp, and even more impressively is like a James Bond car when you fire it up with all sorts of wizardry going on!

A couple of drinks later and a few more had turned up. Alas I had received a couple of messages from people saying that they couldn't make it for one reason or another, but the fact that it was raining all morning was probably the deciding factor for most people.

However there was representation from a few different clubs with a number of different marques on display and it was really great to see some old friends and meet some new ones. It just reminds why I am a member of car forums, and reminded me how important it is to have as many meets as possible.

So here are some pics out back of the pub:

The Zed representation.... +1 hairdressers zed replacement :winkiss:

DSCF2242.jpg

Note Daves.... sensible RX7 in the background...

DSCF2236.jpg

DSCF2208.jpg

DSCF2201.jpg

Grant Mitchells lovely very nearly standard car I just wish i had got a picture of the interior as it is absolutely mint, with what i think was a very dark blue leather and stunning muted grey blue alcantera. Very understated, very very nice! :bow:

DSCF2174.jpg

-- 18 Mar 2012 01:32 --

Ians slicky which i think is just right and i love, not quite as low as the last time i saw it, but just a lovely car:

DSCF2169.jpg

DSCF2179.jpg

Eddies new bumper, with Phil Mitchell, Eddie and Dave.

DSCF2238.jpg

and Eddies teenie, tiny exhaust!!!

DSCF2197.jpg

Now for the non zeds:

Daffys new toy, suits him to the ground as I am sure he is an extra in "The only way is Essex"

DSCF2203.jpg

DSCF2206.jpg

Daffy giving Grant Mitchell, Ian and Andy free tickets to the gun show!

DSCF2207.jpg

Allan and... I'm gonna say Toms? but I'm sure that's wrong, I'm so sorry dude I can't remember your name... for about the 4th time today :blushing: Alan and Toms very nice supra and Aristo.. or GS.

DSCF2181.jpg

DSCF2187.jpg

DSCF2183.jpg

-- 18 Mar 2012 01:33 --

And now for Daves "sensible" RX7:

DSCF2216.jpg

DSCF2210.jpg

DSCF2211.jpg

DSCF2214.jpg

Sneaky peek.......

DSCF2213.jpg

DSCF2227.jpg

DSCF2224.jpg

I say sensible as his other one just pushed nearly 1100bhp!!!! but has been dialed down to a manageable 800 and something with 700 and something foot pounds of torque.. whatever it is.... either way some massive figures.

We went inside and had some bloody lovely food accompanied by some fun and giggles. I cannot wait for the weather to get a bit better and to do it again when more people can make it.

England and Wales both won. Massive congrats to the Taffs, I hate to say it but the Grand Slam was fully deserved, and I think the we deserved to come second so happy dayz all round. I have loads more pics so shout if you want any more

Pablito

Forum User
Few more pics for those who are interested:

That special kid Ian was talking about:

DSCF2170.jpg

Me making friends with the special kid:

DSCF2202.jpg

Few more of the cars:

Richards... I mean Grants ass end:

DSCF2195.jpg

Richards... i mean Phils ass end:

DSCF2249.jpg

DSCF2248.jpg

My little baby:

DSCF2177.jpg

DSCF2194.jpg

Daffs toy:

DSCF2229.jpg

Daves RX7... or Roxy as she known:

DSCF2212.jpg

DSCF2209.jpg

A couple of group shots:

DSCF2190.jpg

Ian spying that the camera was on him:

DSCF2192.jpg

Damn, I love your slicky Ian... Like i say, i prefer it to your vert:

DSCF2189.jpg

DSCF2243.jpg

Pablito

Forum User
I second what Steve said bout the pub, great food, nice beer, and a couple of decent barmaids....

I will post a thread in the near future for the next one and hopefully a few more will be able to make it.

Check out Steve Burns' last thread with some nice pics from last time we were there.

http://www.zxclub.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=11574

Hope to see you all soon.

Pabs