R200 finned diff cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Hope you don’t mind Pete - what are you all using for the control arm brace with the finned covers?

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Hope you don’t mind Pete - what are you all using for the control arm brace with the finned covers?

I dont mind at all...........................
Money in my paypal now so talk among yourselves from now till xmas.

I know the answer but I promise not to spoil the debate by divulging it..............................:rofl:

johnymd

Club Member
If you look at the difference between the one that fits without modification, you can see that the crossmember between the droplink will need moding.

Attachments

• finned cover.jpg
    finned cover.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 36

johnymd

Club Member
and here is one method of making it work. Not the way I would do it but it does brace the drop links well. I would modify the crossmember.

Attachments

• Finned cover link1.jpg
    Finned cover link1.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 41

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
and here is one method of making it work. Not the way I would do it but it does brace the drop links well. I would modify the crossmember.

Thanks John, does anyone currently sell an affordable replacement brace like that? I saw the AZC one but they’re ugly and expensive.

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks John, does anyone currently sell an affordable replacement brace like that? I saw the AZC one but they’re ugly and expensive.

Just modify a stock one. Pretty simple fabrication really.
I have some stock ones here if you want to have a go.
I did at one time have a modified one that Laurence at Star Motorsport made/modified.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Ta Pete. I was trying to avoid thinking. I’ll put it on my list of things to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.