Proud 240Z Owner

4683kelly

Well-Known Forum User
Hi everyone,

I've just purchased my first Datsun and it's a complete restoration project.

It appears to be very solid, engine is free but it hasn't been turned over yet.

I'm guessing the first thing on my to do list will be to get the engine fixed up, has anyone got any top tips for this?

As you can see from the pictures, there are some parts missing, these came with the car but are currently in the boot.

I've bought a Haynes manual and have a few beers at the ready, what could possibly go wrong.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Natalie x

4683kelly

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Sean,

I tried to upload them with the post but it wasn't having it.

I'm just adding them to my gallery, can you view that?

Natalie

20170218_142833_1_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Welcome Natalie, don't worry too much about the engine yet unless you are considering driving it soon. With these cars it's wise to fully inspect the structure and get that 'sound' before anything else.

We need more pictures really.

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
I am sure everyone (particularly Sean) is wondering the same thing. Natalie is a female name but the picture clearly shows a bloke?

johnymd

Club Member
Car looks really good in the picture. Paint looks very old so the perfect starting point and hopefully nothing hidden. From what I've found , these tend to be the most honest so if you cant see rust or obvious signs of a coverup it probably isn't there. First thing I would do is get it running and take it for an MOT. Obviously make sure the brakes work and nothing is going to fall off underneath.

The joys of honest looking left hookers is you don't have to spend years fixing structural issues that are hidden. More pics needed for a proper evaluation.

Dave B

Well-Known Forum User
Looks a good basis to start with, look forward to seeing more pics. What's the plans? Standard resto, or resto-mod?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Well why get the delivery bloke on it then?
Why not?
He might be the delivery driver or he might not be!
Maybe a picture was wanted of the car either on the trailer at the place it came from or the place it was being dropped to for the new owners records

Seems an interesting building in the background though
And hey welcome to the club and Z ownership

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I am sure everyone (particularly Sean) is wondering the same thing. Natalie is a female name but the picture clearly shows a bloke?

I wasn't wondering, I merely said that she needed to better shave - can see that plainly in the photo lads - are you blind ?

I note that Mr Ex junior is immediately hitting on her - "where do you live ?"

Mr Ex Jnr

Club Member
Haha cheers Sean also Zedboy was asking aswell. Nice see someone else in Huddersfield with a z. I see she never replied after your shaving advice comment lol :)

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
Why not?
He might be the delivery driver or he might not be!
Maybe a picture was wanted of the car either on the trailer at the place it came from or the place it was being dropped to for the new owners records

Seems an interesting building in the background though
And hey welcome to the club and Z ownership
Yes a big welcome Natalie. Great to have a female owner of a Z on here, they are very few and far between. Good luck with your car and please feel free to ask for any advice you may need off the very knowledgeable members on here.

cosworth415

Club Member
He might be Natalie just on the weekends I think it's quite common up north, good luck with the motor it looks nice