Project 240 ZVR

Wyn

Club Member
I’ve started so I’ll finish…...

Atleast that’s the plan lol

Now this is either going to work or it isn’t.
dowa.gif

Few pics ….
Chimaera 4.0ltr .... hopefully going to fit into....

tvreng1.jpg

tvreng2.jpg

THIS BIT :cool:

240trailer.jpg

And if that don't work ...... I'll just have to try the Cossie instead lol
mrgreen.gif

Wish me luck :)

Mr.G

Club Member
WOW!!!

Looks amazing mate, both the Z and the engine!!

All the best of luck, it will be a marriage made in heaven :) :D

zeeman1972

Well-Known Forum User
Best of luck!

That looks one hell of an engine!

Please keep the pictures coming!

I feel such a cop out merchant by only trying the tried and tested LS1 route with prebuilt mounts :eek:

Wyn

Club Member
Cheers
I would like some pre made mounts if poss :D

Few more pics of todays events :)
Here she is....
To late anywat now lol

Read on lol .... ;)

engout1.jpg

Few hrs later :)

engout2.jpg

engout4.jpg

engout3.jpg

Engine box exhaust all out now :D

Got the TVR mota in the hole n it's looking good atm, just need to try it with the box tho tomorrow n see whats what :)

To dark out now anyway so gave up lol ....

Black Bug

Well-Known Forum User
Course it'll work, speak regularly with Mr. F. and I'm sure it'll be a piece of cake. You might need to ditch the weird gearshift mechanism TVR put on and get a regular T5 gear lever. Also don't forget to get rid of the CAT that sits in the big can where the two manifolds meet, no need for that!! In fact I suggest some general resarch into manifolds, not sure if all Rover V8s use that weird 'to the front, bosh together and head to the back' thing. Apparently the Ginetta G33 is considered to have one of the finest Rover V8 sound tracks, so maybe try and and see how that's set up.

Once it's in the car get a nice ACT carbon fibre twin or tripple throttle plenum on it - http://www.actproducts.co.uk/ - and a visit to Mark Adams for one of his Tornado chips and it'll be mightly impressive. These guys are probably within easy reach of you: http://www.austec.co.uk/chips.htm

Cheers,
Rob

Markp.com

Well-Known Forum User
Cooooooooool! :D Thats gunna be freeeeking amazing when its finished!

I'm amazed its not raining where you are! :D The weathers been shitty here all day today :(

Wyn

Club Member
Mark, study the pics a bit more lol
Been rainin here on n off all day :(

Btw, does anyone know if the v8 manifolds are interchangeable?

Sure I read somewhere they aren’t sided as such. i.e they can fit either side if needs be?
I have a plan ;)

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Nothing personal and everyone has free choice BUT that is one ugly engine even though you will gain huge (cheap) power ! I hope other V8s look better ! Bravo for the hard work and iniative though !

Markp.com

Well-Known Forum User
Its under the bonnet 90% of its life... aslong as it makes the right noise and pumps out shed loads of power, who cares! :D

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Here we go again - "right noises" - for a Zed or a TVR :) ? And of course it matters what an engine looks like, especially an engineering project as this - the bonner will be up at ever stop as people ask what's there ! Shame if it's all scruffy with wires and bobbins and aircraft size exhaust manifolds !

Does style and finesse count for anything or is it purely numbers now - "horsepower" ?

Black Bug

Well-Known Forum User
Those Ebay manifolds look interesting. I'm guessing they're not stainless though as they seem to be coated, given what a biatch they are to get at once installed I'd be tempted to get them right first time. Also the fact that the seller states they were to wide for his trike sticks out in my mind, as they're is obviously less width available in the Z engine bay than on a trike! Don't know if you can swap sides on them though, I bet the bolt pattern will screw up any cunning plans you're hatching ;)

Power wise the 4.0l is a conservative and unstressed 240bhp but with a very pleasant 270lbs/fit in the torque department, unless of course you were lucky enough to get a HC (high Compression) version which is rated at 275bhp-305lbs/ft. Definitely a good investment in terms of bhp/£ over th cost of upgrading an L engine to that level.

More pics Wyn, more I tell ya!!!!

Cheers,
Rob

Black Bug

Well-Known Forum User
Quit being so down on everything Sean! Of course the engine looks rough, it's straight out of a scrap car. All it will take is a bit of polish and elbow grease and some fancy silicon hoses and it'll look great. Perhaps you should compare it to the hideous mess of wires and hoses that sits in a 280ZX engine bay?!!

Two TVRs:
andy12a.JPG

DSC_0005.sized.jpg

And a Morgan:
gomogplus8.jpg

Cheers,
Rob

Wyn

Club Member
Wires n pipes everywhere lol

Cheers for the pics bug, food fa thought :)

Story so far ...

Brick wall time ...

Looks good apart from although it's as far back as pos the fookin gearlever still falls to short....

in1.jpg

in2.jpg

So out with the whole lot again n swap the box over for a Cossie T5 5spd
Not sure I've got it right on the clutch frt but soon see :D

in3.jpg

Might need a remote filter housing ..... and that stupid oil switch is going to be swapped for a smaller one if poss :D

in4.jpg

... Good news, atleast I can now get the gear lever in the right place now n it looks like the mounts etc aren't so far out :cool:

in5.jpg

Markp.com

Well-Known Forum User
Black Bug said:
Quit being so down on everything Sean!
EXACTLY!!!!!

A bit of spit and polish and it'll look lovely! Its a great power to £ ratio engine! Can't wait to see it running!

More photos please!:)