Pattern Panels (Front Wings)

Mr.F

Inactive
All long gone and also Nissan OEM now. Good secondhand or fibreglass only current options.

ZedsDead

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks Mike.

I have a set of original wings in excellent condition, it just feels a bit sacrilegious to cut them to fit flairs. I bought a set of FRP ones to sacrifice instead but the fit/finish on them isn't great. They'd be fine if it was a track car but I'm doing a nice restoration and I'm not sure yet that I'll be able to achieve a satisfactory finish with them. Might just have to keep an eye out on ebay for a tatty set of steel wings that can be cut instead. Thanks again.

Tony 260Z

Club Member
So who do we recommend for FRP wings? I know a company called Honeybourne Mouldings make them - anyone used them? Anyone else?

I'm in the same position. I want to fit flares (sorry to those who don't like them) but I don't want to cut up my front wings.

Jimbo

1978 260z in yellow
Club Member
ive used honeybourne mouldings.
the quality was really good for my scirocco wings however they were completely the worng ones being mk1 wings and not mk2 wings which was what i ordered.
other than that they were great.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
ive used honeybourne mouldings.
the quality was really good for my scirocco wings however they were completely the worng ones being mk1 wings and not mk2 wings which was what i ordered.
other than that they were great.

:eek:

So if you want a 280ZX wing for your 240Z these are the people. :lol:

Mr.F

Inactive
No Nissan part number and Nissan never used those yellow foam protection blocks, so likely pattern. Nevertheless, probably worth buying...

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
I haven't got time to look as I am at least 1hr 10 mins from Grimsby but I may be able to pick them up so that they could be collected from my house 5 mins from the A1 Tuxford.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I haven't got time to look as I am at least 1hr 10 mins from Grimsby but I may be able to pick them up so that they could be collected from my house 5 mins from the A1 Tuxford.

Good man for offering to pick them up. Aren't you interested in them?

ZedsDead

Well-Known Forum User
So who do we recommend for FRP wings? I know a company called Honeybourne Mouldings make them - anyone used them? Anyone else?

I'm in the same position. I want to fit flares (sorry to those who don't like them) but I don't want to cut up my front wings.

The wings mentioned in my earlier post are from Honeybourne. I didn't originally mention the name because I didn't want people to think I was slating them as I'm not. For the price, they're not bad if you want to use them for motorsport or something.

I think most people on here though, like myself, are looking at tidy-to-concourse restorations for their S30s. In my opinion, I'm not sure these would be good enough. I've so far spent 10-12 hours trying to achieve a satisfactory fit with just one wing and I'm not there yet. I used to work in a job which required a lot of composite trimming too so it's something I'm reasonably well practiced in.

The other problem is that when they shipped them, they were literally just left flapping around in a large cardboard box so they arrived quite damaged. They had no protective packaging at all.

I'm going to keep going with these FRP ones and see if I can get a reasonable fit out of them. If I can't I'll either buy a tatty set of front wings to cut, or otherwise make my own CF ones. I just don't want to go down that route at this stage as it's time consuming.

kev64

Well-Known Forum User
Makes me very happy and a little bit smug:D:D knowing i grabbed a pair from Mr F a few years ago don't need to use them but only takes some numpty to change all that. They live in the spare bedroom nice and cosy lol !!!

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Well I bid £500 and watched - they went for over £900.

Obviously somebody needed them - I didn't.

Tony 260Z

Club Member
The wings mentioned in my earlier post are from Honeybourne. I didn't originally mention the name because I didn't want people to think I was slating them as I'm not. For the price, they're not bad if you want to use them for motorsport or something.

I think most people on here though, like myself, are looking at tidy-to-concourse restorations for their S30s. In my opinion, I'm not sure these would be good enough. I've so far spent 10-12 hours trying to achieve a satisfactory fit with just one wing and I'm not there yet. I used to work in a job which required a lot of composite trimming too so it's something I'm reasonably well practiced in.

The other problem is that when they shipped them, they were literally just left flapping around in a large cardboard box so they arrived quite damaged. They had no protective packaging at all.

I'm going to keep going with these FRP ones and see if I can get a reasonable fit out of them. If I can't I'll either buy a tatty set of front wings to cut, or otherwise make my own CF ones. I just don't want to go down that route at this stage as it's time consuming.

That's a shame... the hunt continues...