OS Giken

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
OK its maybe time for a pinch of salt....but you never know.

I know the talk of twin cam heads has gone around and around for ever and it’s gotten quiet old, but.

I wonder how much credence there is in this report from SpeedHunters.com that OS Giken are going to do a limited production run of the much debated TC24-B1
(Which was the twin cam aftermarket head for the L series, made by OS in a very limited number in the early 80's)

Hang on, before you shoot the messenger

The article can be found here

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/07/27/gallery-gt-gt-a-quick-stop-os-giken.aspx

Its a rumour that re-started last year with a number of unconnected sources (Australia, US etc) reporting some activity, I was even asked by a well known RB builder and OS Giken agent if there would be any interest in it....he didn’t know me or an S30 from Adam, he said (paraphrase) “do you know anything about a twin cam head that OS used to make years ago for your car” “….. “think there would be any interest in it if they did a small production run”…..I promptly asked if he would take my son in part payment, joking aside I disregarded the conversation as it seemed a little far fetched…..until now ?

Mr T, do you have any information on this?

It would be great to confirm it, conversely if untrue, it is also necessary to kill it stone dead before it becomes internet "fact".

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
I would hazard a guess and say that if they did do a production run unless it was in significant numbers the chances are you still wouldn't get to see one, or have the opportunity to get one, even if I did have the money which I dont.

But hay looks interesting.

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
But hay looks interesting.

07_15_16---Round-Hay-Bales_web.jpg

Weirdo :D:D

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
if true it will be out of my price range by a very long way !!!!!!!!!!!!!! must get lottery ticket.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
To own an original Nissan twin-cam head/engine would be fantastic either 2ltr or a 'works' 2.4 unit - I think they tried one on some of the competition cars didn't they?

To buy one made in 2011 (and at a very high cost) wouldn't be the same really. If you are going to that much trouble and expense you may as well fit a modern engine. After-all you will have lost most of the original engine anyway.

Perhaps the engine block may be what was fitted to the original car, but most people have changed those to 2.8 blocks anyway!

However I do accept that people do these things and I'll be the first to admit that I have enjoyed watching many highly modified touring cars in my youth e.g. downdraft Anglias, 8 port Minis etc however I don't think suitable alternative engines were available then and perhaps the rules insisted on original blocks.

Ian Patmore

Well-Known Forum User
To own an original Nissan twin-cam head/engine would be fantastic either 2ltr or a 'works' 2.4 unit - I think they tried one on some of the competition cars didn't they

Aren't you thinking of the LY head, which was used for competition (fitted to one of the Works Rally cars in a thread a week or two ago)?

I love the S20 cam timing cogs and cover, just, just, utterly a work of art

Last edited by a moderator: