On the road at last

DarbyshireZ

Club Member
Hi Folks

After 4 years plus involving a Z farm debacle, a California car, a superhero mechanic (Brother in law Dave) and some help from PMac, Sean and RichieP amongst others we are finally blasting round Lancashire and what fun it is.
Just a few finishing touches to do but 98% there. Hope to meet up with other Northern Zs soon.

DarbyshireZ

Club Member
Long story but basically the Z farm went bust early on in the process and the car I got back was not anywhere near as complete as the one that went in there.

Long story but basically the Z farm went bust early on in the process and the car I got back was not anywhere near as complete as the one that went in there.

Sorry to hear that. theyre trading again so it might be worth getting in touch? I think there' s a route now when a company folds and sets back up doing the same thing with the same name to enable some recourse.

DarbyshireZ

Club Member
Hi Thanks for the kind words everyone. It is great fun to drive, once you get used to the lack of power steering and a 1970s gearbox of course.

As Sean mentioned re wheels does anyone have experience of Japan Racing Wheels they seem to have lots of choice for not too wide wheels? My 40 year old Cobra slots may not totally round anymore.

cheers

Tim