On the road at last | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

On the road at last

Discussion in 'Rebuilds and restorations' started by DarbyshireZ, May 11, 2018.

1. DarbyshireZ

DarbyshireZ
    Z Club Member

Hi Folks

After 4 years plus involving a Z farm debacle, a California car, a superhero mechanic (Brother in law Dave) and some help from PMac, Sean and RichieP amongst others we are finally blasting round Lancashire and what fun it is.
    Just a few finishing touches to do but 98% there. Hope to meet up with other Northern Zs soon.

Mr Ex Jnr and Woody928 like this.
  2. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

What happened with the Z-farm?

3. DarbyshireZ

DarbyshireZ
    Z Club Member

Long story but basically the Z farm went bust early on in the process and the car I got back was not anywhere near as complete as the one that went in there.

4. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

Sorry to hear that. theyre trading again so it might be worth getting in touch? I think there' s a route now when a company folds and sets back up doing the same thing with the same name to enable some recourse.

5. Rob Gaskin

Rob Gaskin Membership Secretary Staff Member Committee Member

Beautiful car, a massive well done!

datsfun likes this.
  6. Paul Henley

Paul Henley
    Z Club Member

Let me know if you get to run up to the Lakes, would be good to meet up. Car looks great :thumbs:

7. uk66fastback

uk66fastback
    Z Club Member

Car looks fantastic, a job well done. You deserve to be very pleased with it. Hope it drives as well as it looks!

8. jonbills

jonbills
    Z Club Committee
    Committee Member

Looks great, well done.

9. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

Like wheels and suspension ?EXTRA:)

10. Ian

Ian
    Z Club Member

looks like a nice one and its in a great colour. Enjoy it.

11. DarbyshireZ

DarbyshireZ
    Z Club Member

Hi Thanks for the kind words everyone. It is great fun to drive, once you get used to the lack of power steering and a 1970s gearbox of course.

As Sean mentioned re wheels does anyone have experience of Japan Racing Wheels they seem to have lots of choice for not too wide wheels? My 40 year old Cobra slots may not totally round anymore.

cheers

Tim

12. SacCyclone

SacCyclone
    Z Club Member

Beautiful job Tim, very nice build.