Newbie!

Jon_Flynn

Club Member
Hi folks, I'm new to the Datsun scene - currently looking for a good z-car for the right price!

I've loved these cars for years and after a string of other toys it's time to really look at getting something soon to work on so I can drive it in the summer!

Currently viewed a few up north where I'm based but nothing taken my fancy yet - although I do have a promising trip to Mr Vega's lot in Exeter booked for the weekend...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Welcome Jon, I'm relatively new myself having imported a 240z from the states last summer with my dad. It's awesome fun :D

Depending on your budget I'd consider widening your search area assuming you don't mind putting the time in as the market is massive in the states compared to the UK, however with the exchange rate being what it is it may no be as favorable at the moment.

Having not done it before importing wasn't quite as difficult as I had imagined and there's plenty of people on here with experience that can help :thumbs:

Good luck with you search...

Jon_Flynn

Club Member
Welcome Jon, I'm relatively new myself having imported a 240z from the states last summer with my dad. It's awesome fun :D

Depending on your budget I'd consider widening your search area assuming you don't mind putting the time in as the market is massive in the states compared to the UK, however with the exchange rate being what it is it may no be as favorable at the moment.

Having not done it before importing wasn't quite as difficult as I had imagined and there's plenty of people on here with experience that can help :thumbs:

Good luck with you search...

Thanks woody. Yeah I know there is a huge scene for these cars in the states. I'm not hugely fussed for RHD or LHD tbh so it may be an option if I can't find anything over here.

My old man has his own freight forwarding business so I should be ok if I do go down that route - just risky not seeing the cars first!

ha ha, Z club Yoda, we have.

Maybe you should change your user ID Franky :lol:

I might do. Its the same black one thats been doing the rounds isn't it????????? Thats been discussed on here numerous times, how its been 'sold' numerous times?

I might be wrong but the force is strong.

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
I'm sure Chris will be able to help. From what I've seen he has some great cars come through and knows his Z's.

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
I'm sure Chris will be able to help. From what I've seen he has some great cars come through and knows his Z's.

Thanks Jake :thumbs:
Jon came down today and viewed/tested a couple of very nice 280Z, very keen, really liked both cars. He is looking at a UK car from a well known member on here tomorrow before making decision.

Jon_Flynn

Club Member
Thanks Chris - yeah we will have a chat either way tomorrow mate.

Gotta say both cars are excellent, and If I don't take either of them then there will be two very lucky people out there who pick these up.

Paul_S

Club Member
Hi Jon, I'm sort of in the same boat myself as I've a reawakened desire to own an early Z car. I've yet to convince my Wife though!

The fact I've spent the last 3 days trawling the web looking at cars and rereading historic threads on here tells me I'm might be hooked...

I am watching this thread with great interest :D

Jon_Flynn

Club Member
Hi Paul! I've been in love with these cars since I was a kid, and despite owning a few classics and other cars as toys I finally decided to make 2017 the year I get one.

Both cars chris has are excellent after spending a good few hours looking round them and testing them out today. I do have another car to view tomorrow before I decide - but I have to say Chris is a great guy and very helpful if you are looking seriously.

There are a couple on eBay I've seen that aren't great - one in Manchester that just needs a lot of work and has been needlessly modified, and a black one that you can see the filler under the paintwork from just the pictures alone. Condition has to be number 1 priority I think with these cars.

I'll update this thread with any progress!!