Newbie just sold my supra , 280z in mind.

Andre

Well-Known Forum User
Hi all my name is Andre and I'm from Mansfield, Nottinghamshire .

Took a deposit on my supra yesterday so will be getting picked up this Saturday so once it's gone I can start looking for a nice datsun .

I've come across this one for sale

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Classic-C...%20Side=Left%2Dhand%20drive&Model%20Year=1976

It has been on ebay twice now aswell and I've contacted the seller and he has told me the price he wants and it sounds reasonable from the condition of the car. My worry is why hasn't it been snapped up already, the colour maybe? , the fact it's LHD? Anyone on here come across it before or viewed it?

Any help would be appreciated as I'm planning on viewing this soon.

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
I've spoken to the guy who owns the car a couple of times over the last few months. I even put a last minute bid on it during an ebay sale. I missed out by £1. Then 2 weeks later the car pops up for sale again by the same guy. It's been for sale for months & months and according to the guy selling it people keep buying the car but then let him down on the money side of things. I'm not sure how genuine this deal is so I would tread carefully.
It's also a shame the car wasn't rust treated while having the so called resto. Makes me think it was maybe little more than a respray.

Jake RAH

Well-Known Forum User
On the plus side(maybe) I did say to him if I offered you £**** cash would you take it. It was a real low ball figure and his reply was 'yes'. TBH that put me off the car even more, maybe I should have snapped it up but something made me feel uneasy about the whole deal. I offered a lot less than he is currently asking in the ad you listed. It was up for sale for £12000 over the summer.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
see it is forsale in Brentwood my advise would be to contact Mike Feeney at MJP Auto aka Mr.F on here to see what he knows about it as he lives not far from Brentwood

Last edited by a moderator:

Andre

Well-Known Forum User
On the plus side(maybe) I did say to him if I offered you £**** cash would you take it. It was a real low ball figure and his reply was 'yes'. TBH that put me off the car even more, maybe I should have snapped it up but something made me feel uneasy about the whole deal. I offered a lot less than he is currently asking in the ad you listed. It was up for sale for £12000 over the summer.

Thanks for your reply , I've spoken to him a couple of times now and today and he says most of the work was done in California by himself and his brother. Seems legit but just lacking in history I thought and the price had dropped loads since it's been advertised . The guy did tell me what money he was after just makes me wonder if he will accept anything for it really .