Newbie from Ireland with his 260z

kamyk1988

Active Forum User
Hello I am living in Dublin and just bought my first 1974 Datsun 260z 2+2
The car is now in restoration sarvice waiting in the line to be finished. It wont be a lot of work with the car because previous owner almost finished it. It only needs interior to be finished and everything put back together. At this time I am looking some roll bar/half cage, ZG fender flares and some proper wheels, propably Rota RB 16" and some suspention setup. I was looking for this parts in Ireland and UK and except the wheels I was not able to find anything, so if someone of U know where can I get them I would be very happy hearing from You :cheers:
Some pictures of the car as it is right now

Weaverhead

Well-Known Forum User
Welcome to the club :)

I've always ha d a soft spot for the 2+2 with the right mods (pretty much what you have described you intentions to be with this one). Looks like a decent starting point.

I have some reproduction ZG flares spare that I'm not using as I've just bought some super wide ones PM me if interested and I'll get you some pics.

There are plenty of helpful folk on here so I'm sure you will find everything you are looking for. Good luck with your project :thumbs:

jay28

Well-Known Forum User
Hi and welcome, looking forward to watching this progress, the car looks familiar, did you buy it off a guy called Gerry?

jay28

Well-Known Forum User
He bought the car from the UK a few years ago, I know all the suspension has all been fully polly bushed etc. it's a good solid base for a project.

MikeB

Well-Known Forum User
Welcome to the Club, nice to see another Z getting restored to working order

kamyk1988

Active Forum User
Thanks for the info jay28. He said me the same that is fully folly bushed and undersealed so I am very happy what I bought. Do You know any Irish parts supplier ? If everything would go OK the cars should be ready back on road in next 1,5 to 2,5 months. Thanks for all the good words...

jay28

Well-Known Forum User
I'm afraid there are no irish parts suppliers, the nearest would be mike in MJP in the UK.
I got wheels from image in the UK also, they will pretty much make whatever size offset you want.
What's your plans for it? Colour etc? I don't want a twin :p

kamyk1988

Active Forum User
At the moment I am not going to change a lot, I just want black ZG fender flares, lower suspention, roll bar and 16 or 17 inch wheels to fullfill the fenders so I would be pleased if U would write me what is Your rota and flenders setup because they looks exactly as I wanted to. Dont worry it wont be a twin, for now the orange will stay because I wont have the funds for the new colour, but in the future I'd plan white, black, dark green or blue paint and 2jz or rb26 conversion for 2014, but first I would have to insure it, and put back on road ;) So any tips how to do it would be very helpful for me.
Thanks
Adrian

Ian

Club Member
Welcome, good luck getting it all sorted and back on the road, hopefully you can do so while the weather is still decent. Never driven a 2+2 but if it drives anything like my 260Z you will love it.

kamyk1988

Active Forum User
The car is almost finished, fully polished, the paint look like new. Test drive already done, the engine sounds amazing, but there is still one problem. While breaking the car pulls on one side, so I think I would have to find new brake set up or replace/renew calipers and cylinders. Does anyone have any ideal where I can get any brake wheel cylinders, or front calipers seal kit ? I am thinking as wheel about bigger break setup from different car because right now I cannot afford to buy 1400$ setup from US. Any ideas how to solve my problem, or from what car it is possible to swap the brakes. I am only interrested in 4x114,3 setup because Rota RB-X wheels are already waiting...
I will post some pictures soon.
Thanks .
Adrian

kamyk1988

Active Forum User
I was checking the MJP shop but I couldn't find it. Have You got msybe some catalogue with all thr parts ? I might be looking few more parts.
Thanks

Mr.F

Inactive
We sell too many varied parts to keep them all on the web site or to maintain an accurate catalogue. Always worth a call to check what we have - if it is available,then we can probably get it for you.
Over 25 years in the business...

01277 374201