Newbie from cardiff

big rex 2

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Guys,

Like many newbies I have been a lurker for some time

I am off to the states in two weeks to pick up my new 240z.

The car and shipping will totaly nail my budget and I was hoping to bring back a few

rare and hard to find bits to sell on the forum to help me get the suspension / wheels I

want.

I was wondering what parts I should bring back whilst I'm there ? (bearing in mind it needs to fit in the car)

So far I've worked out,

front wings ....

and that it ha ha , can anybody think of bits that are hard to find?

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Hi there and welcome

I think it would be easier to ask "what bits are easy to find"

Most body panels are very rare (with almost no original unmolested NOS left in the UK except that squirrled away by some forward thinking owners), as are roof skins, rad support brackets, door cards, tail lights, headlamp buckets and bowls, floors, bulkheads, sills, rear quarters, tailgates, bonnets, chassis legs and the rarest of all the dreaded inner wing.

There is some patterned stuff around such as floors, sills, arch kits and chassis legs etc.

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
I'd be interested in a black driver's side door card (right hand drive of course) for a '78 260z if the price is right and you can find one - but as Skiddell has pointed out, they are not easy to find!

Dale

Club Member
I'd be interested in a black driver's side door card (right hand drive of course) for a '78 260z if the price is right and you can find one - but as Skiddell has pointed out, they are not easy to find!

Interiors are usually the things that need replacing on US imports, the sun kills them, so I guess it would be difficult to find gooduns over there.