New z owner

tallphil1961

Club Member
Well here we go my first ever post on a forum 1, A couple of weeks ago I was asked if I wanted to view some tools and a four poster lift that were coming for sale due to an elderly gentleman having gone into care, well to my surprise when I went to view them parked on the lift was a stunning looking red 260z Datsun. well I now own the contents of the garage including the car . The car has been unused for 7 years and was restored by the previous owner,. I have had to remove and clean fuel tank as pickup pipe was blocked with congealed fuel, cleaned the points, replaced seized and leaking clutch cylinders, bled the brakes and replaced the battery and it fired up and run great, Hopefully can get an mot this week and get it on the road for August, hoping to take it along to the festival of wheels at Barleylands Farm in Essex for its maiden show.,Hoping I might get a couple of cars to that show from our family collection.
A summary of the car is
Original colour was green metallic, now painted in a Ford red
Period 100+alloy wheels
5 speed gear box
Glass sun roof, not sure if this is a factory fitting ?
Dash board moulding perfect
small crack near choke in centre consul
No rear bumper fitted
Looking forward to driving it and meeting other z car owners

Attachments

• IMG_0668[1].JPG
    IMG_0668[1].JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0671[1].JPG
    IMG_0671[1].JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 92

Red7

Well-Known Forum User
Sounds like you've been busy, congratulations on your new car and welcome to the forum !

uk66fastback

Club Member
Glass roof would be after-market. Lovely looking car - any long-term plans? What a stroke of good fortune ... right place, right time etc!

status

Well-Known Forum User
I'm Herts/Essex border,there are quite a few of us in the area so if you need to know or see wot is original and wot ain't then feel free to ask

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
That's a great find.
Have you got a pic of the wheels? (From another owner of a now red, originally met green 260z with 100+ wheels!)

johnymd

Club Member
Hi Phil. I'm in Benfleet and have a workshop in south woodham. Your always welcome to pop over to chat zeds. Was thinking about that show myself.

tallphil1961

Club Member
well we passed the mot yesterday, and gave it a coat of waxoil underneath,, drove it home from work 15 miles that's the first time its been driven since 2010, couple of small issues, front carb jet blocked, n/sf caliper started to stick a bit after about 12 miles,. Only real issue was that the seat belt seems to sit across my neck rather than shoulder, must be like wearing a blind fold if you are short !, will tax for the 1st of the month and get it out for a proper drive