New to Site

sparkyjohnmarky

Forum User
Hi All.

I am new to the site after purchasing my first Z31. The vehicle is a Red 1987 on an E plate, 3.0l n/a auto transmission .

I have bought the vehicle as a restoration project. It currently does not run and requires some engine servicing before I can turn the key.

It is in totally original condition with no rust. The previous owner has though, in his infinite wisdom decided the vehicle needed to shed a number of parts under the engine bay. I have ordered replacements to fit over the next few days.

I have already posted a thread asking for help from any z31 owners who can advise me on the location of the vacuum piping and whether my vehicle came with emission control parts as per the models sold in the U.S.

Apart from the replacement serviceable' s and a full body respray the vehicle itself is in great shape and shouldn't take to long to be back on the road.

Its great to know there is a club for these vehicles in the U.K

Kindest regards

John

Attachments

• Nis2.JPG
    Nis2.JPG
    373.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Nis3.JPG
    Nis3.JPG
    363.2 KB · Views: 35

chappo123

Well-Known Forum User
Welcome to the club. Seen that Z for sale for some time, nice to hear it has been saved and is heading back onto the road.

Worth getting a copy of a European service manual if you can track one down. Lots of differences between the UK/European spec and US cars - including the emissions fittings mostly not on uk cars, but lots of other parts that are not interchangeable.

Good luck with the work, keep us posted with how you are getting on.

Cheers Steve

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
That looks a great base for a 'back on the road' project.

Hopefully it'll be quite straightforward once the bits are sourced.

sparkyjohnmarky

Forum User
Hi All,

thanks for the kind words of encouragement. With the help of M F I am close to getting the Vacuum lines sorted. I have ordered some new ht leads, plugs, timing belt and water pump. Will fit these over the next couple of days. A quick coolant change and I think I am just about ready to see if it fires into life. Will post updates as they happen.