New T3 Solid Pillow Mounts for 240/260/280

SacCyclone

Club Member
Picked up the first set of these today from T3, just down the road from my house. I am going to modify the stock spring caps to accept these T3 solid pillow mounts. Gabriel said it should add about 1 1/2 degrees of negative camber. My modification to the spring cap should lower the front by an inch or so, thats what I am shooting for anyway. I will add pics next week when we get started. If it all works, we can lower the car and add negative camber all without cutting or welding our stock towers.

s30_spm1_largesmall.jpg

https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/240z/240z-260z-and-280z-solid-pillow-mounts

Last edited by a moderator:

SacCyclone

Club Member
Cut out the center of the spring hat and lowered the shock mount point by about an inch. Also added a thrust needle roller washer. The total reduction in height should be about 1 1/2 inches which should translate into lowering the stance by the same while keeping strut travel. Still need to do the welding and final fitment. Some pics.

MSUva65.jpg

NJbhOBd.jpg

vlQaFDC.jpg

johnymd

Club Member
Nice.

I keep looking at the insulators and trying to work out an easy way or dropping the suspension by doing away with them.

SacCyclone

Club Member
Best way that I have found so far.

Makes for a stiff ride however on the street but handles well on the track.

SacCyclone

Club Member
Lowering springs. Press down on the fender and that's about it, what you see. Tires are 225-50-15 on 15x7 rims. If you like a lower look you can always cut a coil but this car doesn't need it, stays pretty flat in the corners and under braking.

I have some track video if you want to watch it. Koni shocks and BRE sway bars along with T3 LCA's front and rear. R888 race tires. That is a V-8 Mustang track car in front of me.

Starts with warm up lap, go to 2:00 or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMMAVRStkko

SacCyclone

Club Member
Yes John, I think it will settle a little more in the next several months.

Still need to get the Mikuni's dialed in a little more...may have a twisted throttle shaft or two so they need to come back off and checked.