need help understanding crank cam sensors

themoment

Forum User
Hi, I have a 1985 300zxturbo. I am in the process of trying to figure some thing out and was wondering if you guys could help me. I want to hook up a aem fic. I understand everything, but the cam and crank signal hook ups.
Well, here it goes, supposedly from my intense research we have a mag crank sensor, and there are two crank angle sensor wires that go to the ecu slot 17 and slot 8 so if that is right, that should be easy to hook up. My problem is i have to hook up a cam senor signal, some cars have 1 some have 2 or 3 wires for cam sensor signal to the ecu, Well i see nothing in my manuals that says we have a cam sensor. Is it labeled as something else? Do our cars have one? My manual says we have a crank angle sensor in distributor, but says nothing about cam sensor!

Attachments

• my z31.jpg
    my z31.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 5

themoment

Forum User
Thanks for your quick reply. I had actually thought that in the back of my mine, but i kept on searching. So to retard my timing i will probably be able to just hook up my crank angle sensor wires and call it a day. I will call aem to make sure i can discard the cam sensor wires first. I have heard of people doing it that way, but they could only retard timing by ten degrees that way, my car may be different, I'm not sure.