Modern S30 Project! 2nd stage Brakes and Suspension

zeeman1972

Well-Known Forum User
Finally me bits are starting to arrive from the US:D :D

DSCF0467.jpg

Arizona Z five stud conversion. Hopefully my calipers will be arriving over the next few weeks!!:D

Russ

Club Member
Indeed nice to see some better pics of the Arizona Z stuff.

Did you get stung much on import duty or did it sneak past? :)

zeeman1972

Well-Known Forum User
They were a 'gift' from my brother in the US so luckily weren't picked up for duty for their '$200' worth as odd (one front hub and one rear) secondhand car parts (ahem!) :D:D:D

I'll post up photo's of the rest when they get here. Few more weeks yet though I think.

G

GlenZ

Go on my son...............looks like all the best bits for that proper engined car.............hmmmmmmmm

HOUSEQUAKE

Well-Known Forum User
They look the bizniss, but why have you fitted them to your table???

I can laff because I've done the same on many occasion, much to the annoyance of me missus.

A Subaru STI version 4 spoiler fitted to table...

v4spoiler.jpg

A Forge dumpvalve fitted to laminate floor...

fmsrcdv2.jpg

Some GFB pulley wheels attached to window ledge...

GFB.jpg

And finally, some big f*** off brake disks bolted to a chair???

godspeed335.jpg

:D :D :D

Russ

Club Member
Actually that's interesting.

Please excuse my ignorance, but why is the rear disc (rotor) offset so much to the wheel hub? Is the bracketry they supply for the caliper what causes that?

Just seems out of balance to the front and I'm curious :)

Also removing a stud from the rear hub doesn't mean your four stud wheels will fit ;)

zeeman1972

Well-Known Forum User
Unfortunately not, they are just ridges on the hub if you are looking at what I think you are looking at. I'll get some more detailed shots if you still want them.

Wyn

Club Member
Go for it :cool:

Be intrerested to see a close up of how they are made if nothin else :D

Russ

Club Member
In a few weeks time i'll be take the wheels off my rusty old drums dreaming of these lol.

More pics the merrier, always nice to see engineered pieces such as these. Nice to see them fitted as well ;) I know photobucket is quick and easy, but if you get a good photo of these (when it all arrives) can you post it in the gallery please? That way we have it for future reference as well.

Cheers

zeeman1972

Well-Known Forum User
HOUSEQUAKE said:
They look the bizniss, but why have you fitted them to your table???
It just has to be done doesn't it!
Although I must say that your shots do have a certain artistic flair about the angles and composition that is missing in mine :) I obvioulsy need to buy more bits to get more practice....... I'll just go find me credit card:D :D

Nice bits by the way! Don't have any spare bits that would fit a 96 Legacy GT TT do you?:)

zeeman1972

Well-Known Forum User
Russ,

There are a few pictures in my gallery of the front and rear set up assemblies, I have everything in the pictures but unfortunately not all here at the moment. :(

My brother is holding the remainder in the US, hopefully shipping the next couple of boxes in the next few days!

The rear disk offset is about 25mm from the face of the hub so, as you guessed, the rear calliper can be mounted to the hub and strut. It doesn't look out of place when it’s assembled fortunately:cool:

1492mini-rearshock3.jpg

More photos on way!

zeeman1972

Well-Known Forum User
Russ,

All photos awaiting approval.

Any chance of a little photo section, as you have set up for yourself and Grolls, to keep all these together in a meaningful place? Putting them under 260Z or 280Z maybe a little unhelpful for the photo gallery surfer?

Cheers,

HOUSEQUAKE

Well-Known Forum User
zeeman1972 said:
Nice bits by the way! Don't have any spare bits that would fit a 96 Legacy GT TT do you?:)
I know that some parts can be transferred across between the Impreza and the Legacy, but they were MY specific. As my Type R is MY/00 and the bodies changed on 97, I doubt there'd be (and brake bits is what I have lying around) much of use.

Keep us all posted on your project though, I always feel that a big set of nice disks is what finishes a car off.

zeeman1972

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks for the response though HOUSEQUAKE! I agree with you there is something about f#*K off big brakes on a car that sets off the through wheel view nicely!

zeeman1972

Well-Known Forum User
Pictures.........

Ok pictures so far are now in my gallery:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Russ

Club Member
Thanks for that zeeman.

I have created a gallery for you (called zeeman1972's project, let me know if you want it changed and/or description). You *should* be able to move any pics you want into there, but if you can't let me know.

Cheers