Lovely 260z ebay

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks Rob.

Preet - I would have a Porsche....just not the typical '911' that all the others like - I'm an atypical car lover and frankly, I'd rather have a nicely tuned SSS than a 911SC.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I think all's it show's is that a quite tidy and original rhd 260z is only worth 16.5k in the UK. Which is less than LHD cars have sold for?

For which is less than LHD 240Zs have sold.......just another form of popular-press induced bigoty towards 'lesser models' especially 2+2s and 280ZXs ?

johnymd

Club Member
IMO RHD and LHD are irrelevant. Price a car correctly and it will sell easily. I've never had a problem selling either LHD or RHD if priced right.

Terry's car was priced right and in my opinion a great car to buy. Solid cars like this are the ones to buy.

For which is less than LHD 240Zs have sold.......just another form of popular-press induced bigoty towards 'lesser models' especially 2+2s and 280ZXs ?

Yes, lots of 'press induced bigoty'?

I never mentioned 2+2's, 280zx's, nor did I mention 240z's. Its your own thoughts coming to the fore here :)

johnymd

Club Member
Yes Sean. If they were correctly priced when first advertised they would have sold. Overprice something originally and you will then struggle to sell it even below it's value. Just the same as selling houses. It people see something sitting on the market for too long they will assume it has problems even if it hasn't.

datsfun

Club Member
All Sean is saying is what I thought. It's easier to sell a RHD car in the UK than a LHD car.

Yes agreed, but does that equate to UK buyers have a "bigoted" perspective ?
Preet - I would have a Porsche....just not the typical '911' that all the others like - I'm an atypical car lover and frankly, I'd rather have a nicely tuned SSS than a 911SC.

Each to their own. If I had to choose and had the cash, it would be a retro Japanese everytime. Plenty of cool classics from the Nissan, Isuzu, Toyota, Mitsi camps to keep me entertained.

I think all's it show's is that a quite tidy and original rhd 260z is only worth 16.5k in the UK. Which is less than LHD cars have sold for?

I feel that's akin to comparing an apple Vs a Mango again by stretching the debate to a 240 Vs 260 ?

Its blindingly evident that like for like, a RHD car commands a premium in UK. Let's just accept it ..

If there was an abundant supply of good quality RHD cars, the LHD examples wouldn't get a look in and the price difference would be even wider. Those who have been in the Zed scene in the 80's, 90's and early 2000's can perhaps attest to this. Sean ?

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
IMO RHD and LHD are irrelevant. Price a car correctly and it will sell easily. I've never had a problem selling either LHD or RHD if priced right.

Its blindingly evident that like for like, a RHD car commands a premium in UK. Let's just accept it ..

If there was an abundant supply of good quality RHD cars, the LHD examples wouldn't get a look in and the price difference would be even wider. Those who have been in the Zed scene in the 80's, 90's and early 2000's can perhaps attest to this. Sean ?

Two different views then !

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Sorry disagree with you there...What John is saying is about pricing it properly. He hasn't suggested that they are on "equal pricing" from what I read. :)
What he said was :
He never mentioned equal pricing or price by model, simply that whether it be LH or RHD doesn't matter if the price matches the condtion of the car and that includes upon which side one finds the steering wheel.

2.0 or 2.4 Frankless ? A bit too '80s looking for me and I'd rather have in that case a 924S.

Preet knows what I'd have in the '80s but plenty left in the '70s to keep me amused too.

tel240z

Club Member
All very complicated this thread for me to absorb, but for what its worth the sale went as i thought it would after doing my research, firstly i wasn't overly fussed if it sold or not but i am at the stage that i want to enjoy my cars in the coming years so its a bonus it did, my thought process was that i couldn't find any right hand drive cars for sale or previously for sale affordable to the average man and have always maintained that your average middle age man that can now afford 15-20 k (redundancy early pension) would be stuck in his ways and wouldn't entertain LHD car, as some of you know i advertised it on ebay and f/book which caused quite a stir from the us to Australia arguing about pricing and importing but i wont go into that, the lucky buyer fell into my category of purchasers 54 years of age cant weld but happy with nuts and bolts and just had a small windfall and needs something to keep him occupied, he had z cars in his 20s but as we did back then had capri's and fords as well but never forgot the Zs, he would have liked to have had a 240z but did not want to spend the 27k upwards but without a doubt (his words) wanted a RHD uk spec car and this one fitted the bill. To summarize the car sold in 9 1/2 hours for the asking price 25 inquiries, 85 watching 2500 looks on ebay and a lot of interest on f/book and even members on here, would another similar car sell for the same again ? i don't know but in my opinion there is a shortage of usable RHD drive cars for sale for use in this country, go have a look and see what you can find ...... now where is my coat i'm off