LHD to RHD conversion and other questions

Zorm

New Forum User
Hello from across the "pond".
Ok, my son and I picked up a 1979 280z Fairlady (280zx here in the states) He is getting a complete skyline turbo drive line to install in the car, correct mounts, 5 speed tranny, drive shaft, wire harness, computer, everything.

When he got the Fiarlady, the engine was dead, so that got ripped out and we sold the 5 speed to a MG guy. So now that we look at the car again, its got some rust issues. Mainly, around the cowl, don't know what you guys call it, the area between the windscreen and bonnet.
What I was thinking was that if someone over there has a S130 that is going to get crushed and you can cut metal off of it. We could use that section.

Another note, I found a real clean S130 shell, no fenders or rear hatch (we have all that and it's good) The shell has T tops (no glass I think) but the rest of the car is real solid.

How or what is involved with a LHD to RHD conversion? Does anyone have an pics of the process? We are going to get the shell this weekend and since it is so solid, we were just thinking, what if?.

thanks for any input.

Mr.F

Inactive
The S130 bulkhead is assymetrical so conversions are difficult. I don't think I've seen any documented conversions ever....

niroshann

Club Member
I was considering bringing a nice shell over from the states and attempt the same thing. As pointed out earlier this wouldn’t be straightforward but I saw it as an easier job than a lot of rust work! As you have all the bits from the RHD car you are most of the way there. Post pics if and when you do this as I haven’t seen it anywhere either.