Irish group north/south meet

Joe NI

Club Member
Okay guys we spoke briefly about this a few weeks ago so im starting this thread to gauge interest. Basically we are goin to try and get a weekend away in a hotel, do a bit of sight seeing etc. I've had a look at hotel accomadation today and its goin to be difficult to get a block booking in august but if i know the numbers it would help...goin to try for fri 7th and sat the 8th August first then the following weekend. Let me know if you would like smoking or non smoking room as this helps also. Goin to try the west first to give us all a bit of a drive on route. Any recommendations on places to stay would be welcome.:cheers:

jay28

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Joe, are those confirmed dates? I wont be able to make them im afraid.....starting a shutdown in work tomorrow, gonna be working sat and sub for the next 2-3 weeks :(

Joe NI

Club Member
Hi Jay...nothing confirmed yet...i'd like to get something to suit every-one... could push to sept to get a definate hotel booking. Maybe anyone interested could indicate the weekends they are free up to the end of sept say and we'll try it that way.

jay28

Well-Known Forum User
well I should be able to make it for the weekend of the 14th 15th.............

datty240Z

Well-Known Forum User
I'm fairly flexible but I think Trish had a few things on in late Aug so maybe early Sept would be better. Anyhow just work away and I'll be OK.

zcarz

Active Forum User
Hi Joe .The August bank holiday and all of september is out for me. Any other weekend in august would be ok.

ozy

Well-Known Forum User
excellent, ok, im busy a few weekends in august, phoenix park races, some supra skyline meet invited me for another etc etc.
september is far enough away for me to guarantee me?!

T

tulip

i go on hols 15th aug until 22nd aug jap fest mondello is in sept and zfest and jae 11/12/13 sept
i know some good cheap hotels in the west, i stay around there with work
park hotel kiltimagh, lovely, even has hot tubs on the roof where you can bring your drink to, usually about 45e for a single b//b

Joe NI

Club Member
Ok food for thought folks...will try and fill in the blanks....
Trish what county is that hotel in?