Interesting 260Z's for sale

Stockdale

Club Member
A late ('77) 260Z on carandclassic.co.uk at the moment. It's an Aussie car and so I imagine you will need to add P&P. Yours for £43,000.00. You could always add UK spoilers for a few quid more.

If you want something a little cheaper and nearer to home what about the next on the site list at £39,993.00? Its in Oxfordshire and an earlier car. In fairness, they both appear in outstanding visual order.

uk66fastback

Club Member
Those Aussie cars always seem very expensive. Especially when you factor in the shipping, but I presume they have little or zero rust EVER, like a lot of the CA cars - but they're left hookers of course ...

Get what you pay for I suppose ...

Those Aussie cars always seem very expensive. Especially when you factor in the shipping, but I presume they have little or zero rust EVER, like a lot of the CA cars - but they're left hookers of course ...

Get what you pay for I suppose ...

you only have to look at the Australian forums to see that they do have rust issues also, just the passage of time though mainly.

Jimbo

1978 260z in yellow
Club Member
don't forget it gets very cold at night in these hot countries causing condensation issues.
this is why they still rust.

chrisvega

Well-Known Forum User
Many cities in Australia are located on the coast and the maritme climate is not kind. Same in South Africa where cars from inland Gauteng Province and Pretoria always in much better structural condition than those from coastal areas such as Durban and Port Elizabeth. In the States never buy a car that originates and has spent it's life in Florida where you are rarely far enough from the sea.

uk66fastback

Club Member
Doesn't 90% of the Australian population live on the coast or something like that? All the above advice makes sense when you think about it. Florida you think of as being hot, hot, hot but having been there when there was a storm on it's not as dry as all that - and very humid as well ...

I think they had three channels on the TV back then that were just for weather ... and that was just central FL.

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
When I lived in OZ everyone would say don't buy a car from Sydney as they all rot due to the sea air.
Buy a car inland as the climate is generally drier.

SacCyclone

Club Member
Many cities in Australia are located on the coast and the maritme climate is not kind. Same in South Africa where cars from inland Gauteng Province and Pretoria always in much better structural condition than those from coastal areas such as Durban and Port Elizabeth. In the States never buy a car that originates and has spent it's life in Florida where you are rarely far enough from the sea.

Regarding the states, I agree with Chris on Florida. It is very humid there for most of the summer and into fall as well. Think hurricanes.

Also would stay away from most of the east coast as they use a lot of salt on roads in the winter time to deal with all of the snow. A lot of my Cali cars have gone to the eastern part of the county because cars in Cali and Arizona are usually very rust free....but not always.