Install S15 Helical LSD into 260z R200?

Turn & Burn

Club Member
I've been offered and S15 (Spec R) Helical lsd and output shafts, I believe these will drop straight into an S13 casing, would that mean that they would drop into the R200 long nose casing on a 260z?

Or looking at it another way which has probably been done a few times already, can you put the S13 VLSD into the 260z R200?

I'm aware I'll end up needing new drive shafts, but was more concerned with the diff casing and bearing sizes on the outputs.

Most of the threads I've found are more focussed on the R180.

Cheers

Mr.F

Inactive
260Z / 280ZX R200 is long nose variety, S13/14/15 are short nose, so no to gears...
LSD part might transfer over but check bolt pattern and bolt size as I think these vary.
Better recipient might be long nose R200 from S12 or Z31.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian

Club Member
LSD would possibly work but its likely to use different sized bolts, this isn't necessarily a problem as you can use spacers to take up the slack.

Turn & Burn

Club Member
Thanks for replies, that's generally what I assumed/hoped. Have to use the Z cw and p bolted up to the new LSD, with bolt sleeves to sort the smaller bolts. Will report back if it's a successful rebuild, won't be able to test for a year or so tho, until restoration is done

Mark N

Club Member
I had actually copied the wrong address as I had a few tabs open at the time.
The address is for the steel backed version.