Insomnia can be expensive!!!

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Why is it you could be shattered at the end of the week, snoring and dribbling on the commuter train and yet all of a sudden, bing, you find yourself surfing eBay at 03:00 for that illusive part; that you realise after it arrives you already have somewhere in the stash? Anyone else done that?

I figured I play safe this time and look on a site I can't actually be impulsive.

Now tell me wise ones, why shouldn't I rock up and buy this tomorrow? They seem incredible value for a weekend / track car.

I just found a great car on Auto Trader:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201711291672914

45c3481529c7a041e6431196f9b7fc6b.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
These modern Z can seem cheap compared to the S30.

I had an 2004 350Z that I bought in 2007 and sold it in 2010 for about £6,500 I think. So this isn't a bargain.

I then bought a 370Z for £23k and sold it nearly 6 years later for £12k.

Early 350Zs can burn oil, have crunchy gearboxes, dual-mass flywheel problems, poor quality interior plastic. They are also very impractical especially for boot space. They drive nicely though and sound good.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're a great looking car without the nasty bodykits that people tend to 'stick' on them. Go for it. Its about the cost of 2 services at the main dealers for your family car :)

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Thanks fellas - very tempted indeed and will likely go see it.

All good advice.

And franky - yes, quite! The less said about that the better. Thankfully my wife was intelligent enough to not take their advice on binning 4 perfect Continental tyres with 3/4 of their tread depth left ;)

uk66fastback

Club Member
You’ve not bought it yet ... these threads always work best if you actually pressed the BIN button ... !

A mate of mine bought an ex-military Land Rover on ebay at 3am after too much wine ... when it was delivered he couldn’t work out why it had seemed the bargain of the century a few days earlier. It sat on his drive for six months without moving before he sold it on ...

So you did well to not get too carried away!

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Too funny Mr Fastback!! I have however found many double bought items in my stash of Z parts.

Irrational purchases multiply exponentially with impaired judgement! ;)

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
NOT a track-day car - much like ALL the Zs after the 280Z - weight !

But I nice raoad Z to keep your S30 mileage down but then......why have the 240Z if you aint gonna drive it ?

I keep looking at them and then think : when would I drive it ? Oh yeah, the moments when I'd rather be driving my 240......so ?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
NOT a track-day car - much like ALL the Zs after the 280Z - weight !

But I nice raoad Z to keep your S30 mileage down but then......why have the 240Z if you aint gonna drive it ?

I keep looking at them and then think : when would I drive it ? Oh yeah, the moments when I'd rather be driving my 240......so ?

Good points.

My 350Z and 370Z were my daily driver (did 70k in my 370). If I had another car I would hardly have used them.

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Can't disagree with the logic, but I don't drive my S30 in the rain and the salt etc, I have a boring old A4 estate for when my wife and I go in different directions at the weekends. This would effectively replace that but be more fun. Although it does leave me without a "rough" car for DIY stuff.

Can't disagree with the logic, but I don't drive my S30 in the rain and the salt etc, I have a boring old A4 estate for when my wife and I go in different directions at the weekends. This would effectively replace that but be more fun. Although it does leave me without a "rough" car for DIY stuff.

Do it. get roof bars or hire a van for the once yearly trip to the tip.

It'd complement your s30 nicely also.

have you got it it?

whats the delay?