Inlet Manifold...Where?

vipergts

Well-Known Forum User
I'm going throttle bodies and need an inlet manifold

I'm guessing same as used with webers?

In which case would you guys go for Mangoletsi?

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
I'm going throttle bodies and need an inlet manifold

I'm guessing same as used with webers?

In which case would you guys go for Mangoletsi
?

We would......... and unlike others who have it on their dream list............ we have.....................:thumbs:

Skiddell and myself have spent hours and hours over the past few years helping john Mangoletsi develop this all new manifold.
It works superbly with throttle bodies and carbs. We have dyno sheets to prove.
Skiddells car runs Jenvey throttle bodies and Jenvey now sell them with a unique lever to match directly with the Mangoletsi manifold thus avoiding the need to fabricate/bodge or modify existing levers etc etc.
See the story/testimony on the website.
Our regularity car runs the manifold with Webers and in both cases the new efficient design of the manifold contributes to the end result with the two engines.
Picture shows the set up.... with the airbox cover removed..... The airbox is an essential part of the package to produce good efficient power.. Neither open trumpets or K&N filters produce as much power.
Expect to see more cars in 2015 using this set up.

Attachments

• DSCF4772.JPG
    DSCF4772.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 124

vipergts

Well-Known Forum User
We would......... and unlike others who have it on their dream list............ we have.....................:thumbs:

Skiddell and myself have spent hours and hours over the past few years helping john Mangoletsi develop this all new manifold.
Skiddells car runs Jenvey throttle bodies and Jenvey now sell them with a unique lever to match directly with the Mangoletsi manifold thus avoiding the need to fabricate/bodge or modify existing levers etc etc.
Our regularity car runs the manifold with Webers and in both cases the new efficient design of the manifold contributes to the end result with the two engines.
Picture shows the set up.... with the airbox cover removed..... The airbox is an essential part of the package to produce good efficient power.. Neither open trumpets or K&N filters produce as much power.

Which air filter set up is this......The one John supplies?

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator

Pete, looks like the accelerator pump jets aren't inline with the inlet ports - did you do anything to make them squirt the right direction on that car?

tel240z

Club Member
Pete, looks like the accelerator pump jets aren't inline with the inlet ports - did you do anything to make them squirt the right direction on that car?

:confused::confused::confused: am I missing something

pmac

Well-Known Forum User

???????
Sorry I just bolted all the bits together.
Bish- bash -bosh.........
Good enough for a Samuri so good enough for me.
Three presses on the gas. Press red button. Engine fires into life..
218bhp + 225ft lbs of torques.... job done.;)
im now fitting(with Skiddels help of course) the twin Brantz trip meters and matching timer. Ill try n get them to line up :bow:

:D:D:D

PS... sorry for thread hijack:eek:

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Sorry, should have explained what I was getting at:
For the accelerator pump jets to do their job properly, it's got to squirt fuel direct into the inlet port.
On my car with whatever manifold it is that I have, that didn't happen because the tract drops a cm or 2 and curves left or right - net effect being that the squirt hits the inside of the manifold tract.

So I modified the pump jets to change the angle, which is fine, but it's a real faff if I want to change sizes as I'll need to when I stick an L28 in it.

So I'd like to know if the Mangoletsi manifold is straight enough to have the accelerator pump jets work correctly as stock, or not, 'cos I'd like one like that.

Pete, if you ever take it off the car - would you check and tell me if petrol squirts or just dribbles out the engine side of the manifold? (or anyone else that's got one).

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
This revision of the Mangolettsi manifold, the tracts are surprisingly straight and when we have done mock ups there does not seem to be any issue around clearance but that is of course a dry mock up.

A lot can be gleaned from the characteristics of the engine in cold and warm start-up and running
The engine has excellent pick up on throttle pumping when warm with absolutely no "bog", "coughs", "spits" or indeed "farts" in fact its comparable to my fuel injected engine, plug pulls shown nothing particularly untoward so the assumption is that all is fairly close, certainly from a jetting point of view.

From cold, very little priming is needed and the engine is very quick to settle into regular running.

Taking your point, the alignment of the jet should be less critical at higher engine speeds as due to the high velocity air guiding the enhanced atomised mixture before it can foul (laminar air flow).

It could become more pronounced with low air speed but one again field tests have shown no particular issues, with pick up from idle being excellent.

The unknown is when the engine is static and priming the engine with the almost obligatory two or three pumps, but as stated it shows no untoward characteristics.

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Thanks Steve -
yes, it is the case of fast throttle opening at idle/progression speeds that you notice if the accelerator pump jet isn't effective. The larger the chokes the more this is exacerbated too (or put the other way, with smallish chokes you hardly notice).

Would be good to know for sure if anyone has chance to check.

Mr.F

Inactive
Attached .pdf from Mangoletsi added for information. Two for 40s and two for 45s available now. List price for singles; discount for a group buy...

Attachments

• datsun-240z-260z-280z-intake-manifold-linkage.pdf
    183.6 KB · Views: 40

vipergts

Well-Known Forum User
I'm meeting John on Tuesday as he's coming down.

I need to get the compression up on my car....I'm not looking for massive gains but one reason for TB is to eliminate that smell of unburnt fuel.

This is the set up on my Etype...started on the button with rev counter and fan etc all controlled by the ECU. No funny smells...ran so clean

Air filter fitted soon after