Injector Cap Sizes

Chaosekie

New Forum User
Hi,

I had my injectors cleaned and when trying to fit them back this morning. I found that the caps on the cleaned one's that were replaced are bigger than the old ones. I do not want to force them in and hurt either the injectors or the head. My question is if there really are different sized caps and if so what size fits in the 280zx.

I realize it might just be the rubbers in the head that are a bit dry and that a bit of lubricant and force would get them in, but I just don't want to risk it as this car is running the injectors just needed to be cleaned, and I don't want to wait for the period it would take me to import new injectors.

Kind Regards

Mr.G

Club Member
If you're referring to the pintle caps then they should be the same diameter as your original ones or they won't fit into the intake manifold. Do you have a caliper gauge to measure the width of the pintle cap and compare it with your originals?

There is no rubber in the head, I think you are referring to the intake manifold. Check to see if you have a rubber insulator still in there. Best to replace with new and fit them over the pintle caps.

Chaosekie

New Forum User
Thank you for the replies. Yes I was referring to the pintle caps. I got them changed and fitted them today. All went well.