Injection Fuel Return Q?

Wyn

Club Member
Using a n/a fuel tank with a fuel out and return feed for an injection/turbo engine
(stock 260z tank in my case)

Should the fuel return direct to the tank or to a fuel swirl pot?
I'm guessing return to the swirl pot as thats how i've seen it done, and then from there back into the tank ?

But does it matter if it just returns to the tank instead?

If so why?

btw, swirl pot is primed via a lift pump, so its already + fed

Last edited by a moderator:

datsun dave

Club Member
Return it back to the main fuel tank via a FPR you should also have a overflow from the swirl tank back to the main tank.

Wyn

Club Member
Return it back to the main fuel tank via a FPR you should also have a overflow from the swirl tank back to the main tank.

Thats exactly how I have it atm, but wasn't 100% sure if it was the right way.
Will leave it be then
ta

Wyn

Club Member
Hmm, me thinks it isn't right to return the fuel straight to the tank?

Maybe ive got something wrong but the main pump appears to be draining the swirl tank quicker then it's being filled.
Atleast thats what it sounds like by listening to the main pump after a min or so of running.
Turn it off and the on again to prime ... and it quietens fully when reprimed... for a min then buzzs heavy again !

I think it needs that return sent to the swirl potty to keep it filled quicker :unsure:

datsun dave

Club Member
What size pump is lifting to the swirl pot as i will have to run 2 to keep up with both the bosch 044.

My fuel system x2 facet red top pumps taking from the alloy tank into the surge tank x 2 bosch 044 up to the fuel rail with a single return back via a FPR to the alloy tank the over flow on the surge tank also returns back to the main tank is fitted with a restrict valve to keep the pressure flowing to the bosch pumps.